Fallout 3 AER9 Laser Rifle Scratchbuild

apolifka

Hey guys! I'm not very active on this account but I'm a regular on The Dented Helmet and have been building a ESB Fett for about three years. This thread is going to be dedicated to my first prop from Fallout and will hopefully be my motivation to finish the build in it's entirety. This is an art project that will be due next Thursday so I don't have a whole lot of time to finish, hopefully I'll just have the major components built and do the finishing and paint later. I'm using the great plans posted by Nexxt and have been lurking though Volpin's build as well as a few other members here for direction in dealing with the plans. Here's the first few baby steps in 1/2" MDF. More to follow as I'll be making a run to the store for more JB Weld in the morning.

Regards,
Austin

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

Coming along slowly but surely. Everything here is sanded with a dremel bit, file, and hand sanding and glued with elmers wood glue or JB Kwik.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Your build was excellent Jm419. Things are coming along well but I have a long way to go. Lots more bondo and sanding in my future.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

Ha, thanks. Your build already looks cleaner than mine, though. I blew out the whole backside of the MDF when I cut it, and my support rod is too high.

Sanding is the name of the game here. If you read my thread, about half the updates complain about sanding.

If you need any help, just ask, but I'm gonna say you won't need any from me. ;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back