fallout 1 water chip WIP

Wes R

Legendary Member
The infamous water chip from Fallout 1. For those who don't know the story of the game this is the cause of all the trouble for the entire game. The company who made the underground vaults intentionally (at least in the later games' stories) sent only 1 chip to vault 13 instead of a few crates of them for backups.
I might make the base again and cast it in resin to make it look more like metal. I'd really like to have it made of metal but I don't have the equipment to shape the stuff and the local machine shops want way too much to just to mill a few parts and then drill holes.
Rick Hanson supplied me with the vac tubes. I had to modify them to avoid drilling more holes than needed in the base. It isn't 100% game accurate since half the pieces don't exist in real life the way they do. I have a long way to go including adding some rust but it's a start.

Fo1_Intro_Water_chip_OR.png

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

i'll have to measure it but it's larger than my hand. I figured that given it's solid state technology it would be rather larger. I'm making it look like someone's repaired it with parts from other machines and tried to make it look original. The paint job on the relay is going to look really homemade.

Awesome idea for a project, looking forward to seeing it. Fallout 1 and 2 are two of my favorites. I'd love to see a G.E.C.K. as well.

Actually I was thinking of a geck if i can find the right metal carrying case. I should have bought the one i saw at Tractor Supply for 20.00.

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

I'm tempted to get the base made out of aluminum if i could find someone to do it at a reasonable price instead of using the wood to do it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back