Falconer's Falcon Probe Sculpt -- Done.

SMOKE

I've been wanting todo this for a few months now. and since I still have some down time from work, the wife said to "just sculpt something" and since some great references have hit the lair gallery.. I decided to take a crack at sculpting this guy.

I have the references that are here on the lair.. my question is, does anyone have some shots the bottom? or possible some screens from the fly over from Predators?

Here we go..

IMG_20120324_233435-1.jpg

Still rough as hell but I'm Started getting a feel for the over all shape, negative shapes and symmetry of the bird. Still alot to do.
IMG_20120324_235242-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting folks. Feed back welcome! I want to make this pretty close damn close to the original.

Still rough as hell but more progress.... I have the balls in there for reference. (y)

IMG_20120325_031308-1.jpg

IMG_20120325_031327-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting folks! (y)

Oh squee, awesome! Will be following this, I love it when people make these and I'm going to be embarking on a plush one at some point, so the more pics the better.

I have some shots of the Hot Toys model for this which Jehdin Thwei gave me, they're from all angles. Not sure if they'd be any use to you, if they are I'll wing them over.

Oh squee, awesome! Will be following this, I love it when people make these and I'm going to be embarking on a plush one at some point, so the more pics the better.

I have some shots of the Hot Toys model for this which Jehdin Thwei gave me, they're from all angles. Not sure if they'd be any use to you, if they are I'll wing them over.

Thanks Victoria! It would be awesome if I can get those pics from you. I need to start planning out the feet and wings.

Wing em on over! Haha

Still rough, but here's soem more progress shots.

Worked on the head a little bit more.
IMG_20120325_153115-1.jpg

Looks a little more like a Falcon now.
IMG_20120325_153059-1.jpg

Started bulking up the bottom and setting the balls in the back.
IMG_20120325_153643-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting guys and gals! (y)

Also..Should I make him look like he's perched or flying?

Update..again.. I reworked the eye..eyes? area alittle more. Changed out the rubber ball I was using as a guide with a Xmas ornament. I also whipped together a set of wing armatures out of a postal tube mailer, a few paper town roles, a cup of fiber class resin and some duct tape (Evens out the color and helps knock down the resin smell). I took out the pencils and added some heavy duty paintsticks in the wing armature. The idea is to mold the body and wings separatly and the wings will slide into slots on the body.

I think I'm about ready to start blocking out some wings.

Anyone have a good shot of the bottom of this guy? I'm stuck on that part. Pics of the Hot Toys would work great.

The armature rod is where a sphere is supposed to be. works great for now
IMG_20120326_014548-1.jpg

IMG_20120326_014611-1.jpg

I Changed out the belly sphere to something thats abit more accurate. Unfortunately, it's clear and the camera is missin it. And there should be a marble where the rod is. That part will probably be the last I finish.
IMG_20120326_014622-1.jpg

IMG_20120326_014637-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting Hunters and Huntresses. (y)

Small update:

Did a little work on the wings. still rough but it's getting there.

IMG_20120327_015405-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting folks! (y)

looking great,are you making the wings foldable to attach to armour.

Thats the plan bro. Im going to sculpt out a separate joint for the wings.. It would only matter of pulling the wings out and inserting the bend into the main body then inserting the wings into the socket end of the bend. That way both wings extended and folded are available. :cool:

Re worked some areas on the body. mainly the head and the belly.

Made the head abit smaller and started in on some belly detailing.
IMG_20120328_011205-1.jpg

IMG_20120328_011042-1.jpg

IMG_20120328_011052-1.jpg

Edit:

Here's some pics of the wings mocked up he body.

Still some ways togo

IMG_20120328_022127-1.jpg

IMG_20120328_022139-1.jpg

IMG_20120328_022217-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. (y)

looks fantastic mate.If i was as good as you,i would turn it into a remote controlled falcon lol.

Thanks bro! It's starting to get exciting for me. I can't wait to get it finished and covered in silicone. remote control Falcon? Now that's an idea! haha I think I just might have look into it. ;)

Thanks bro! It's starting to get exciting for me. I can't wait to get it finished and covered in silicone. remote control Falcon? Now that's an idea! haha I think I just might have look into it. ;)
I used to fly heli's and planes,and thought a small ducted fan engine would be perfect and micro JR receiver/servos would fit.

Update time:

Finally got around to charging the good camera for pics.

I modded the armature to support the wings and body for mock ups and fine tuned him a littler more. The wings now fit in the body sockets and can be placed either open or closed. I'd like to be able to hinge it some how.
IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

Redid the smaller vents under the wings. They look way better now. I havent really worked on the left wing as much as the right. It's getting there tho.
IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

I started putting in some wrinkle details on his back
IMG_1742.jpg

Head shot
IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

Belly bones. I still need to add some more details in to them but they are off to a good start.
IMG_1747.jpg

I have a few things here and there I want to add/change abit. So far so good huh?

Thanks for looking guys and gals!

Thanks man! Everyday I try to dial in the fine details more and more. Hopefully I can get it in the 90% accurate range or higher. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back