Falcon mandible question

jake88

Sr Member
Can you guys tell me why there is such a large difference between the mandibles of the Fine molds and the Bandai kits? Im speaking mainly of the very tips (not the toe issue) but how on the FM they extend a bit farther. On the Bandai they are very blunt.
20190310_152139.jpg
20190310_151903.jpg

The "general shape of the 32" and the 5 footer is the same (but there are significant proportional changes if you get right to it - the main round hull is a good bit "thicker"). Some of the more significant detailing is the same- but the vast majority of the little details are all different... including the greeblies they attached to the front of the mandibles.

Jedi Dade

Not too surprising since all the greebly would have to either be hand sculpted or find donor kits at half the scale of the ones used on the five footer. The hill curvature being that far off is a bit surprising, but then again these models were designed to be seen flying around on the screen and they do look interchangeable in that context.

Not to mention the the FM Falcon was just all sorts of wrong - SO many elements not matching either.

--Mandible toe
--Angle of turret walls
--Angle of the escape pod / docking port walls
--Cockpit being too elongated
--Six engine fans / vents on rear deck standing too tall
--Hull too narrow (top to bottom) overall

What else...?

What is Surprising is they did so much matching really... there are a lot of things that are 1/2 scale versions of the same subject on the 32" Falcon.... but so much of the finer detailing is totally different.

Jedi Dade

Not to mention the the FM Falcon was just all sorts of wrong - SO many elements not matching either.

--Mandible toe
--Angle of turret walls
--Angle of the escape pod / docking port walls
--Cockpit being too elongated
--Six engine fans / vents on rear deck standing too tall
--Hull too narrow (top to bottom) overall

What else...?

I think thats the main issues,....but it all stems from your last point,...its all messed up because they got the height wrong,....the moved & manipulated all key areas around the ship to try & fit everything in,...there's also the jaw boxes which are too wide & thick, & the cockpit walkway angle is wrong, the radar dish is too small (I got a new larger one crafted by Scratchy.....way before 3d printing ones became available)

J

I think thats the main issues,....but it all stems from your last point,...its all messed up because they got the height wrong,....the moved & manipulated all key areas around the ship to try & fit everything in,...there's also the jaw boxes which are too wide & thick, & the cockpit walkway angle is wrong, the radar dish is too small (I got a new larger one crafted by Scratchy.....way before 3d printing ones became available)

J

My old MPC dish works better that the stock FM dish

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back