Falcon Interior Lights

Here's a rough mock up. Very interested in your opinion, thanks!

Threaded inserts for hardware

IMG_6080.jpg

Assembled after backing plate clean up and a bit of distressing - I will have frosted laser cut plexiglass for these - this is just what I had for the mock up

IMG_6081.jpg

Illuminated w LEDs

IMG_6082.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

My plan is to make a Falcon corridor wall pad and mount the light. The LEDs can then be perfectly positioned for even light and will not be obvious from the center hole. I'd love some input, thanks!

Last edited:
Did you make a final decision on what LED lights you‘ll be using?

need some ideas for my five lamps (planning to make a large panel with these)

Strange...I always here people talking and/ or writing about "patience". What is that thing...is it something to eat, a desease, a hairstyle???

Need to check wiki.

LOL, Markus it’s part of this hobby and you have it! I’ll get this finished up and keep you posted, thank you!

I'm not sure why everyone is using the raw metal Coughtrie lights.
It looks like the Galaxies Edge edge Falcon is being used for reference.
All the movie hall lights are the standard Coughtrie grey paint (classic trilogy, sequels, and Solo).

age-coughtrie-light-sw10-outside-industrial-corner.jpg

Well the raw aluminium does look pretty sexy. :) I don’t know if the ANH ones were pale grey though. They look to me like they were painted a dark grey or possibly even black in some of them.

I also wonder how many were real Coughtrie lamp bases. It was really common for British set builders in those days to mould repeating items from plaster. I suspect it would’ve been cheaper for them to make the Falcon set wall sconces from plaster replicas.

There were a lot of Coughtrie bases seen in ANH all over the place, and even old metal ones would have cost more than plaster I suspect!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back