Arrived Monday finally after l used a good contact within days, l got 2 sets so painted the parts using the usual Lamp Black oils method. Once done will redo a shoot and detailing close ups.
EB28CA1F-F151-405C-9A8E-EDB77ED8BF9E.jpeg48481BC5-7477-4D13-96CD-4DF1EEDA3EF3.jpeg

Anyone in the UK know a good acrylic/Perspex manufacturing company for display cases for the Falcon,

The only guys I know are Widdowsons, they actually used to make a case for the original MR Falcon...

But it's crazy expensive, £300+!!!

Everyone else I've tried say it's just too big for them to do...

Let us know if you find anyone better?

I'm sure it's the same in the UK, but here in Germany you can order cut to size acrylic sheets in all thicknesses, and in 3 or 4 different transparencies.

If you need help with the language I can check online here for you. As a do it yourself job, sticking shouldn't be a huge issue if you use the right plastic adhesive. Although not sure if you'd need a frame with this sort of size ??

Last edited:
Jordan , sorry for asking but any chance ( when you’ve some free time and inclination ) of reposting the images of your gunner chairs again please ?

:cheersGed

Sorry about delay Ged, here’s a few, l customed the chair with parts like old guitar wires from music shops, plastic card and small half beads from craft shops
6DE52972-C204-4CBA-9082-055BA2F6CD0F.jpeg180BA0FA-0BCE-482C-BA15-F9A18331C3C4.jpeg89D5AFAA-3089-4FEC-A64B-FE87C0A46819.jpeg

No worries Jordan ... and Thank you .

I don’t remember the second photo , but it’s very cool too . Just started on mine and I recalled the mods you added to yours which were / are inspired .

just to let you know I did finish my battlestar and sold it to a guy that does sci-fi conventions up and down the uk so you might have seen it hanging from a ceiling at one of those convention. I also built him a 3half foot long apc from aliens, very large star trek shuttlecraft.

Hey Jordan ,

How’re thing’s going mate ? ,
Are you still tinkering around with your MF or is she considered done and dusted ? I think I remember you saying you planned on having her displayed on the wall with a couple of varying scaled Tie fighters ‘ flying ‘ around her , is that what you ended up doing ? Are you working on any other models ? Whatever happened to your refueling station ?

Sorry for the all the questions , but it seems like ages since we’ve heard from you ... obviously that isn’t the case , but you know what I mean !?
I’m still plodding along on mine ... slowly .

Hi Ged, I was gonna wall mount it but the bleedin’ mount we got at the builds end only shows it from a vertical birds eye view so will rethink that one, l made the TIES for it. The refuelling stations made and will use that for another future shoot of the old bird!!
A66C0BF7-5872-487F-966B-F6E1C5AB360C.jpeg110398C8-5F58-42E3-90D7-515327E1239E.jpeg1C6AB2D2-B71E-4253-A906-528F694421B6.jpeg

Don’t know if you are still looking for a way to display your Falcon, but I am looking to do a display table for mine when it is done(!) and I found this site http://www.plasticsheets.com/5mm-clear-acrylic-sheet/

They do various thicknesses but I’m guessing 5mm should be sufficient...?

Hope this helps. By the way I massively enjoyed reading your thread from start to finish. I thought I had an original idea by deciding to use the existing base colours and mix weathering powders with enamel thinners to get the weathered effect you use the oil colours for.

Your method is way better and I am stealing the idea! :D

Edit...
I am thinking of making my own windows using .25mm clear styrene sheet, cutting it to size and gluing it to the inside of the cockpit and turret openings.
Would be very interested in your thought on doing it that way rather than using what is supplied as I think they are a bit on the thick side and will spoil the internal view.

Thanks, that’s good to know. I’d worry about making a mess of building it but will look into tutorials etc...I’ve left the glass out of my cockpit like the original.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back