Fake or not?

triburito

Hi, Im new here.
I would like to ask you about a Sideshow lifesize bust I have been offered, to know your opinion if you think its a fake, as a friend of mine tells, or not.
Sorry but I don´t know where to write this, maybe this is not the place... in that case you can move this to the correct place, and then I'll put some photos.
Thanks, regards!!

Well, meanqhile I left a few photos here...
As you can see, the mouth liquid effect (I cant find the word, I hope you understand me) is a little yellow instead of transparent...

predator01.jpg

predator05.jpg

predator07.jpg

:)

EDIT : DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES.

:)[/quote]
its real its the the Original Predator haed bust i dont have it but ive seen reviews.its a sweet piece though id sure as hell get it if i got a good deal on it.

You may want to jump on the chance, especially if it is a fair price. Looks as real to me as real gets.

...and MRXDX2... QUIT REPOSTING PICS WHEN THEY ARE RIGHT ABOVE YOUR REPLY! :)

Thank you.

Thanks, I can put more photos if someone has doubts...
I'ld like to be completly sure, cause its a lot of money (althought I think its a good deal).
It comes with original box. A friend of mine told me that it was a diferent paint job than the original, so its a recast.
At first I thought it was a recast when I saw photos of the spit (Im not sure this is the word) and allways was transparent, like liquid glue, but here its yellow. Its strange, dont you think?

Well, the best way to tell if it is real or re-cast, get refferance pic's and investigate it for yourself.

Also, make sure it has a certificate of authentification and a number on it. It should have all the documents with it to prove that it is, in fact, authentic. :)

I really don't think someone would try to re-cast this (but it is a possibillity).

sorry at first i didnt notice until i posted it :)
Just giving you a hard time MRXDX2. May want to be sure not to do that though. I think the mods do not approve of it. Something about taking up too much data/space/10001010110011010's.

triburito, I did a little comparing of my own really fast. I think it looks authentic. Like I said though, check the paperwork and if it doesn't have any, see if it is numbered (usually on the bottom of the base).

Yes, it is, but I know that it does exist recasts of this piece, thats why Im asking you...
But my friend told me that fakes makes the boxes too...
I put more pics.

Caja.jpg

corcho2.jpg

predator1.jpg

By the way, how much is a good price for this bust, in your opinion?
Have you seen the diference in the spittle that I told you?

well triburito, that is an awesome piece that i wish was sitting on my shelf right now, but i just wanted to say, regarding the yellowish drool, i've seen certain transparent substances (stealth pred toys mainly) that have acquired a yellowish tone due to being next to cigarette smokers, don't know what it is but that clear stuff seems to absorb it, so that might be the culprit.

i'd still get the mo fo tho :)

p.s. and yes i do believe some bastages have recasted this piece before surprisingly, but i do not think that's the case at all with this piece you're showing us.

Oh yeah.... the drool. :) I would have to say you were right on that HellonEarth. Cig smoke does totally discolor almost everything it comes into contact with. I would have to agree that is why the drool is of a yellow tint.

As for pricing... eek, that's a hard one. Especially becasue of the discoloration of the drool. It really depends on the condition and collectibility of the piece. I am no expert at pricing things but I would give no more than what you feel you should give for it.

If he says $500.00 (going by US currency) I would tell him $300.00 and go from there. That's just me though...

Thanks guys :)

Maybe its just that, smoke, or sunlight, or something similar. I think I'll never know for sure what happened with this bust...
And about the price? How much would you pay for it?

Its the real deal IMHO .

Regarding the drool/spit turning yellowish well i had the same on mine.
some laquers turns yellow over time or it might have been exposed to the sunshine.

Regarding the paintwork ,, you have to remember that the paintup it has on the sideshow webpage
wont be the same by faaaaaaar when they go into production.
I was so dissatisfied with the factory paintwork on mine that i repainted it .

regarding pappers of authentisitiy,, well i only ever had that on my Cinamaquette, never on any of my
sideshow stuff.

As of the price well it has the box and nothing is broken on it .
I think its fair to say that you can expect something in the range of 1500 - 2500 dollars maybe even more .
The prices is really waaaaaaay to high for what you get IMHO.

You could get a Scott Marshall bust for less and the paintapps on those are lightyears better IMHO.

Good luck bro

Its the real deal IMHO .

Regarding the drool/spit turning yellowish well i had the same on mine.
some laquers turns yellow over time or it might have been exposed to the sunshine.

Regarding the paintwork ,, you have to remember that the paintup it has on the sideshow webpage
wont be the same by faaaaaaar when they go into production.
I was so dissatisfied with the factory paintwork on mine that i repainted it .

regarding pappers of authentisitiy,, well i only ever had that on my Cinamaquette, never on any of my
sideshow stuff.

As of the price well it has the box and nothing is broken on it .
I think its fair to say that you can expect something in the range of 1500 - 2500 dollars maybe even more .
The prices is really waaaaaaay to high for what you get IMHO.

You could get a Scott Marshall bust for less and the paintapps on those are lightyears better IMHO.

Good luck bro

Thank you. If yours is original and same problem drool/spit turning yellowish, Im glad to know it.
He is asking me 1000 € (about $1400).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back