Fake Movie Posters for SEE YOU NEXT WEDNESDAY and ARGO

kevin1701

I've started a few threads about my interest in posters for fake movies. There have been a few available over the years and ONCE UP0N A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD gave us some great ones. My wife and I just re-watched ARGO and I started looking again for the original "fake" ARGO movie poster and found a great one on Etsy. I did some more poking around on Etsy and found an artist that has lovingly re-created a number of the SEE YOU NEXT WEDNESDAY posters that appeared in John Landis's movies over the years. That's actually a big deal for those of us who grew up on Landis's films.

These posters are amazing and I'm hoping that this is the start of a new era for the fake poster community. Though community may be a strong word here. For all I know, it's just me a few others. But if you're one of the few, check out these new ones on Etsy. I'm looking forward to putting them into the rotation in my vintage movie theater poster lightbox in my home theater (which is a couple of old couches and a projector in my unfinished basement).

Fake movie posters are the best but...

v6sCGiB_d.webp

Fake movie posters are the best but...

v6sCGiB_d.webp
No question there. I love physical props but there's something particularly fun about the imaginary world within the imaginary world nature of fake posters. We don't have time for my full rant, but take a movie like Peter Jackson's KING KONG. It's largely about the relationship between imagination and reality. Early on, they show some pretty great posters for "Bruce Baxter" movies. Thus, in the "real" world of the KONG film, the Bruce (Kyle Chandler) character is an actor--a 'fake' hero. Or as he says, "I'm just an actor with a gun who's lost his motivation." Yet he, (spoiler alert if you haven't seen the film), has to become a real hero to save the day in a spectacular sequence that is one of my favorite moments in recent film.

And now if everyone has a few hours to spare, we can talk about the Rick Dalton posters and the relationship between the real and imaginary worlds in ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD....

Will do. Great screen grabs.

I love the sci-fi SEE YOU NEXT WENESDAY poster, which is one of the prints available on Etsy. Alas, it's a horizontal image so it won't fit in my lightbox. Fair enough though, since that's the way it appears in the film.

This just came and I couldn't be more excited. I've been looking since the movie first came out and this poster does not disappoint.

Attachments

• IMG_8499.jpeg
    IMG_8499.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back