Fake blood help

kibosh

Sr Member
Hi guys,

I've been away from the prop and costuming world for a while, but I'm putting together a Negan costume for Halloween, and need some help. Who better to turn to than The RPF?!?

I plan on getting most of my pieces and parts off the shelf from various places, but I need help with weathering everything with blood. I need two kinds of fake blood:

1) Something durable. I need blood I can paint on Lucille and stain my clothes with. I want something that will dry, and not transfer to other surfaces. I want blood stains on my clothes that won't wash out, and blood on Lucille that won't rub off.

2) Something wet. I'd also like something I can spatter on my face that will stay in place but retain a more wet look.

What does the collective knowledge suggest? :)

Thank you!

I've used Jerry Gergely's method for years. I just get it to the right color and consistency and off I go. You can make it so it looks dry by lightly using a hair dryer or letting it sit and stay fresh.
I've sent you a pm with a link to a youtube video of his blood tutorial.

I've used Jerry Gergely's method for years. I just get it to the right color and consistency and off I go. You can make it so it looks dry by lightly using a hair dryer or letting it sit and stay fresh.
I've sent you a pm with a link to a youtube video of his blood tutorial.
Dude post that here! I want to see it! Also, you in San Diego!?

Yep, I live in SD :D Also here is the link for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNOYOgDR50 Also with the fake blood if you pool it in areas and hit it with a blow dryer it darkens to look like old blood. Here is a pick of some fresh "blood".
1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I live in SD :D Also here is the link for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNOYOgDR50 Also with the fake blood if you pool it in areas and hit it with a blow dryer it darkens to look like old blood. Here is a pick of some fresh "blood". You can clear coat it if you'd like but you usually on't need to. Don't forget to add a drop of green so it's not so bright.
1.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back