FACTS convention 2009 Belgium

Dakath

Here are some pics of the FACTS convention that's taking place this weekend.

I made some friends
ScreenShot269.jpg

And even close friends... ;)
ScreenShot270.jpg

ScreenShot272.jpg

A close up of the finished blade gauntlet.
ScreenShot273.jpg

Transformers on stage...
ScreenShot275.jpg

ScreenShot276.jpg

ScreenShot278.jpg

ScreenShot279.jpg

ScreenShot269.jpg

ScreenShot270.jpg

ScreenShot272.jpg

ScreenShot273.jpg

ScreenShot275.jpg

ScreenShot276.jpg

ScreenShot278.jpg

ScreenShot279.jpg

Cool I really wanted to come over for this, but didnt have the funds at the time to book the hotel. Some of my 501st UKG mates are there, havent had any reports from them yet though.

Was there any troopers carrying blasters in the end as there was talk about leaving them at home as the police were confiscating them on preveous troops?

Cool pics by the way ;)

Dakath,

cool pictures!

Your reaction in the first pic to the sandcrawler guy is funny ;)

that Halo guy, awwwk! :p

Marcel,

maybe they didn't hassle the 501st guys, in the first pic that Tusken Raider still has his laser rifle.....

---
Ei'luj

I love that mock-up of the Endor bunker. Very cool. Glad you had fun! Was that HALO guy super tall, or are you just a short Pred? ;)

Yes I was, Scott! But I was drunk and I can't remember anything ;)

I'm normal sizes but that Masterchief is tall, in every direction. I gave him a hand to get in his suit and it was like squeezing a kitty in a bottle.

About those weapons; That happend in the Netherlands a few months ago. They have a weird law on weapons overthere.
Everything that looks like a weapon (toyguns, airsoft, ect) is forbidden.

Here in Belgium we have a law that makes the life of "re-enactors" a bit easyer.
You can transport your reproduction weapon to an event/convention in a closed box, magazines kept in a different box during transport.
When you stay indoors, you don't need a permit. When you take your weapons outside on public grounds you got to have a permit.
You can get this by informing the police or mayor of the town where the event is taking place and they will write you a permit for that day or weekend.
Normaly it's up to the organisation of the event to do so. They have to send a copy of that permit to every person that is taking part of that event.
The law is so "smooth" here that you can own severall WW2 era weapons without a weaponslicense. When you don't own ammo for that weapon, you don't need that piece of paper.
But when you have ammo for it... The burocratic comedy starts to get a license.

Thanks for the nice comments guys and girlie ;-)

That beer was sure a welcome gift, just to regain the lost sweat

But beer is a diuretic, which actually pulls water away from your muscles. Alcohol, soda pop, and coffee all are diuretics, and all are liquids you DON'T want in your system while trying to replenish your lost sweat after costuming. Water is the most important to add in after costuming !!!! After that, some sort of sports drink to replace lost salt and such (like Gatorade is a good choice).

You do know what fish do in the water, don't you...?

By the way, that beer tasted good and that's what counts... Afterall, I come from the country where you get raised with beer

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back