Factory Entertainment Star Trek: The Next Generation Dustbuster phaser

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Factory Entertainment was just live from SDCC, showcasing their new Masters of the Universe sword.

In the background, along side the cricket phasers, was a Dustbuster phaser.

While I prefer the cobra-head to the Dustbuster, I find this encouraging that FE continues to offer some long-awaited TNG props!

Sean

1658429739988.jpeg

I agree that the dustbuster makes sense from a design/aesthetic standpoint, but I am not a fan. Hopefully more phasers are coming soon.

I'm actually in the minority. I love the dust buster phaser. I like the sleek aesthetic reminiscent of the updated ship. The cobra phaser is all sharp angles that seem uncomfortable and less like the design style of the rest of Star Fleet of the time. Just my opinion.

I always liked the Dustbuster as well…it grew on me.

To me…if you remove all the iterations in between…it looked like the natural evolution of the TMP Phaser with a lot of design carryovers.

B220A69F-CABE-4034-9A75-675EA2D59932.jpeg
FB5C6B45-F156-4D3B-89FE-B46069B152E6.jpeg

Last edited:
I would lose my $h1t if they did a lights and sound Star Trek The Next Generation tricorder!! Any version (except the movie version, that's already been done)!! Although, the first/second season tricorder would match up with the other props they've done so far. I'd be onboard for that!!!!

I would lose my $h1t if they did a lights and sound Star Trek The Next Generation tricorder!! Any version (except the movie version, that's already been done)!! Although, the first/second season tricorder would match up with the other props they've done so far. I'd be onboard for that!!!!

They have said they're working on a TNG medical tricorder with an LCD screen.

They have said they're working on a TNG medical tricorder with an LCD screen.
A TNG Mark VII Medical Tricorder would be amazing as long as it doesn't have unsightly seams.
I would prefer a screen accurate backlit display graphic rather than an LCD screen. I'll await prototype images on this.

renaissance_man I'm with you. I would prefer a backlit display, if the LCD effected the accuracy of the overall appearance. The LCD would be a nice touch, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Any news on which medical tricorder? Will the medical section be removable so it can be displayed/used as a science tricorder? I'd buy it either way, but I'd prefer a science tricorder.

My snooty side is going to make an appearance here….

The visible seams, what appears to be a colored plastic appearance to the main body, and the inaccurate appearance of the force / settings indicator readout is a deal-breaker for me.

This offering appears to be a little bit too close to “idealized toy” vs. true prop replica for me.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Rodd or Stapleton Dustbuster to compare dimensions? Looks about right, but given how under-sized their hypospray was, would be curious to confirm.

The pre-order page list the dimensions as:

Type 2 Dust Buster Phaser -- 8¼ x 3 x 1 3/4” (209 x 76 x 44mm)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back