Factory Entertainment Noisy Cricket

Yeah just got the e-mail.

I thought they were green to, maybe in MIIB they were blue , not sure

Just got the email and pre ordered. Not real concerned on green vs blue LEDs as quite frankly, I couldn't say I'd even noticed what colour they were in the movie.

I did a little research on it. In MIB, if you can pause it at the right moment you can make out that the LED cover is green (unfortunately I can't get a clear screenshot of the cricket, it's all blurry when I pause it, but there is some green), but I don't see any LEDs light up. And if you go to Rick's site (http://www.freewebs.com/ricksprops/neuralyzer%202.jpg) it is shown that the LED cover is indeed green. His site doesn't show it lit up. And in MIIB, after K gets up from being deneuralized in Jeebs shop you can see the Cricket glow green.
miibcricketglow_zpsad29071e.jpg

And here is a close up of the cricket from MIIB:
miibcricket_zpsb4f5001e.jpg

So the Noisy Cricket NEVER had blue LEDs. And Factory Entertainment's statement of "screen-accurate bright blue LEDs" is false. I don't really mind it having blue leds, it's just they shouldn't really claim it as being screen-accurate.

Last edited:
Since they're going to San Diego Comic Con next week, I'll be sure to check in and ask them that very question. Who knows? Since this sucker has a release date of this year, I'm sure they'll have a prototype, if not a finished version of one at their booth.

I must admit, I do like the "pull back" hammer function that causes the replica to light up. Would make for a great rack focus shot.

Hi All!

I can shed some light on these concerns!!

First - the "Screen-Accurate LEDs" comment was just a goof on our part - something got lost in translation when we were posting the copy. We MEANT to discuss the screen accurate size, measurements, etc... Even we make mistakes :)

As for the Blue LEDs not being screen accurate Vs Green... this is where we stand...

The MIB (MIB part 1) Cricket has NO electronic function, period. The real prop does not light up in any way - Just watch the film and see the cutaways every time it fires. As for the green... If you look closely that green plastic is a chunk of translucent green garden hose. We looked into replicating it - But couldnt get it to look right, and it looked AWFUL when it was backlit - - - So in keeping with our other MIB replicas, we went with a cooler blue color, which is much more visually appealing than the hose piece was...

As for "screen accuracy" its a toss up - True screen accuracy would be a cricket with ugly hose that didnt do ANYTHING... I know a small minority of collectors might want that, but we wanted to make something that is fun to "play with" as well as be accurate...

Hope this helps!

Everyone who orders one I think will love it - - I personally dont buy all of our props produced (Because I have to limit myself or I would be broke all the time) And I am totally excited to buy on of these for my own collection. Not speaking as an employee of factory, but as an RPF member - THis thing is really really cool -

Come check it out at our SDCC booth next week if you want - We will be booth 3351

Looks awesome. The blue / green thing doesn't bother me. Will go well with the green one I do have. Ordered !!

I'm kind of neutral about the blue lighting, but honestly... having any lighting, plus the sound, PLUS the clever pulling back of the hammer makes up for the little bit of light inaccuracy. Placed my order as soon as I got the email. :love

But- since the hose piece WAS green, wouldn't it be logical (and more accurate) to make the LED's green as well?? I dont get it...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back