Facehugger Bust - Full Size

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by morbius206, Mar 21, 2012.

1. morbius206

morbius206 New Member

Just started work on this a couple of days ago - wanted to make a facehugger but with a twist so instead of just doing a facehugger kit I decided to go with a bust of the hugger already attached to someone's face. Planning to mould in silicone rubber then cast in gelcoat, fibreglass & resin.

2. morbius206

morbius206 New Member

And here's a second pic with some of the detailing on the actual facehugger started

3. Lvbolts

Lvbolts Active Member

I can't wait to see the finished piece. I had my buddy put this together for me about 8 or 9 years ago.

4. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Or you could buy the Palisades bust already finished. :)

[​IMG]

Still much more satisfying when you create something yourself. Great sculpt!

5. morbius206

morbius206 New Member

Been using that Palisades one as one of my references - good level of detail etc. However, I did look them up & I think you can only get a mini bust(about 7 inches high I believe) that's the only version I can see anyway. Also it's maybe just me but the face looks strangely long on their one - even if it's to accomodate an open mouth, looks really stretched out to me - look at where the chin is:)

6. Vito

Vito New Member

Looks sick to me. So many good sculpters for Alien related things on here!

Keep up the good work!
    =]

7. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

They did sell the 1/1 scale version. They pop up from time to time. I never noticed the chin. Now that's all I see. Thanks. :lol

8. Howlrunner

Howlrunner Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Did this ever get finished?