Suggestion Facebook Group

JD

Master Member
I know we have the RPF Facebook page... and I've suggested a Group in past (before we had a chat room). But, seeing the a "non-affiliated" Group has started on Facebook... is it possible we could have an official RPF Group - one where we don't have to worry about banned members that jeopardize things?

That would be cool. It would be a little more "personal" I guess, and a bit more fluid. Great idea, JD! :thumbsup
I'm not sure who exactly started the other group, but I think it proved that it works pretty well when executed properly. I give those guy's kudos for the effort.

My issue was with a certain banned member (not Larry) and potentially other banned members that I think brought down the quality and jeopardized that place's respectability - amongst other things. Seeing how a thread there went way off track (due mostly to a member that never identified his RPF screen name)... well, as much I as dug that other group, I think it proved that it needed a little something...

I'm not sure who exactly started the other group, but I think it proved that it works pretty well when executed properly. I give those guy's kudos for the effort.

My issue was with a certain banned member (not Larry) and potentially other banned members that I think brought down the quality and jeopardized that place's respectability - amongst other things. Seeing how a thread there went way off track (due mostly to a member that never identified his RPF screen name)... well, as much I as dug that other group, I think it proved that it needed a little something...

Yep what started out as a cool group has suddenly gone down hill so ive pulled myself out of it, please dont let the FB group go the same way :)

Yep what started out as a cool group has suddenly gone down hill so ive pulled myself out of it, please dont let the FB group go the same way :)
I'm hearing similar thoughts from lots of other folks.

Sad. It started out as such fun... hopefully, we can keep the new official RPF Group fun.

I think you are missing it, dude...

And I take the first comment personally, since I started it.

And speaking of jeopardizing things, I suggest you to read this thread :
http://www.therpf.com/f16/ban-announcements-126357/

Ok. So you're saying that you're offended that someone asked for an official FB group for members of the RPF? I mean, that's what I'm getting out of the above. If I'm misinterpreting, please feel free to enlighten me.

I will say that I don't get the point of the link. Is it to illustrate the friction between JD and the Admins here? JD is still a member, at last check. He hasn't been banned...yet. :rolleyes So how would he be jeopardizing things? :confused

I think you are missing it, dude...

Bootlegger might be missing it, but I can assure you, we aren't.

And I take the first comment personally, since I started it.

And you should take the comment personally, as your lack of willingness to moderate what has been happening there is a direct reflection on you. There is little doubt that Sup Troop and JD's feelings on the deterioration of that group is shared by quite a number of people as you have allowed it to go from a place with a purpose to simply becoming a soapbox for angry and disenchanted individuals to spew their venom.

And speaking of jeopardizing things, I suggest you to read this thread :
http://www.therpf.com/f16/ban-announcements-126357/

Interesting that you linked to that thread. Even more interesting (ignoring the jab you were trying to take) is that while JD and I might not agree on a number of things, we have managed to round a corner of sorts and things have been going in a bit of a better direction lately. That is what happens when people are willing to work together and both bend a bit due to a love for a common cause. However, if you would like to explore that "jeopardy" theme you are pointing to... I'd be glad to accomondate you.

I started the Facebook group in order to be together during the attacks, and to discuss quietly between us.
I even invited a mod, that I really appreciate, but couldn't unfortunately joined it...
(I would have loved to invite Art too, but I thought he doesn't like FB groups...)

Nothing was jeopardized in this group... Or, at least, could you guys enlighten me about posts that I missed ...
If I understand correctly, the only two banned members in this group were Larry and moogybaby...
Seriously ? Who talks about respectability ...?
They have been banned for baiting... and so what ? Did they screwed an other member or recasted something or failed to pay a props, or something that would justify to be at the ban of the society and make this group not respectable anymore ?
Art said in the RPF that he loved Larry and considered him as a friend... Isn't it a voucher?

The link I gave was to help you having an opinion on the OP ... You understand his demarche in this thread and in the other one like you want, mate !

I started the Facebook group in order to be together during the attacks, and to discuss quietly between us.
I even invited a mod, that I really appreciate, but couldn't unfortunately joined it...
(I would have loved to invite Art too, but I thought he doesn't like FB groups...)

You will get no argument from me that the group was started with a good purpose in mind. I don't think anyone is arguing that. It is what the group has devolved to since then.

If I understand correctly, the only two banned members in this group were Larry and moogybaby...
They have been banned for baiting... and so what ? Did they screwed an other member or recasted something or failed to pay a props, or something that would justify to be at the ban of the society and make this group not respectable anymore ?

I can possibly understand your confusion on Tom Moogan since that was before your time, but the fact of the matter is, this isn't about whether or not you have allowed banned members into your group. It is the sentiment you have allowed to be cultivated in a group that initially was initially setup as a positive thing.

Art said in the RPF that he loved Larry and considered him as a friend... Isn't it a voucher?

Since you are taking my statements out of context to imply a "voucher" for your group from me, let me make sure we are clear. No, I don't vouch for your group. It has become a cesspool and you have allowed and encouraged it. The fact that I once held Larry in high regard has nothing to do with what has happened in your group.

The link I gave was to help you having an opinion on the OP ... You understand his demarche in this thread and in the other one like you want, mate !

What I understand (and JD can correct me if I am wrong) is that JD, like many, didn't understand and didn't like the way we handled the temp banning of Larry and Michael, especially because we didn't post a notice about it. That has nothing to do with JD's current feelings about what you have allowed to happen to your group and his distaste for it.

Thanks, Thibault, for clarifying. I appreciate it. In response to your post, allow me to address things as I see them, in order...

That is how I understood the purpose of the group, but that is not what it has become...at least as of yesterday evening (my time). Perhaps with the forum "secure" at this point, the group no longer serves it's intended purpose, and is evolving. That's fine. But after what I saw, it ain't for me. No hard feelings or ill will.

Nothing was jeopardized in this group... Or, at least, could you guys enlighten me about posts that I missed ...

I'm not going to comment on this, as I don't know if JD saw something I didn't, or has more info based on the fact that he's been a member longer than either you or I.

What I see based on that thread, and now this one, is what appears to be an improvement in relations between Art and JD. That's a good thing.

Bootlegger might be missing it, but I can assure you, we aren't.

And you should take the comment personally, as your lack of willingness to moderate what has been happening there is a direct reflection on you. There is little doubt that Sup Troop and JD's feelings on the deterioration of that group is shared by quite a number of people as you have allowed it to go from a place with a purpose to simply becoming a soapbox for angry and disenchanted individuals to spew their venom.

Interesting that you linked to that thread. Even more interesting (ignoring the jab you were trying to take) is that while JD and I might not agree on a number of things, we have managed to round a corner of sorts and things have been going in a bit of a better direction lately. That is what happens when people are willing to work together and both bend a bit due to a love for a common cause. However, if you would like to explore that "jeopardy" theme you are pointing to... I'd be glad to accomondate you.

I didn't saw your post while I was replying to Bootleger...

Freedom of speech is my credo... You can say that I am an *******, it's your right, and I will always fight to protect your right !

If the fellows who leaved this group didn't liked it, it's their right, but I don't appreciate to see my intentions misunderstood !

Is your last sentence a threat to ban me ?
For what ?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back