Face Off S2 talkback (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Draphin

Sr Member
Hey all we had a thread for Face Off Last year and I enjoyed it. I did a quick search around here for a new Face Off Thread and no luck. I think it may be because we are all Tied up in the RPF Hack. However it is in times like these we need to keep using the RPF as it was initially envisioned for us to use. Therefore anyone who wants to Chime in About Face Off Season 2 I say this is the Place!

**** WARNING ****

This thread will contain SPOILERS for each nights episode due to Time Zones. Please don't Blame others for ruining the surprise by coming in here and reading just before the show or during it as someone else could have already posted the Results of the Show. This just makes it easier for everyone posting as some Don't know how to use Spoiler tags. Or like me just don't want to be Bothered.
So Please ENJOY!​

Last edited:
Re: Face Off S2 talkback

I know that whoever has to stay silent about who wins and whatever else but did anyone from the site make it on this season?

He's not on the site, but Matt Valentine is a pretty good friend of mine, and I worked with him at House of Torment in the '07 and '08 seasons, when I lived in Austin. He and his brother (my closer friend Mike) own a company called Global Fear Enterprises, and they are completely self educated.

Here are my thoughts on last night. And forgive me, I don't recall all the names already.

The guy who won immunity, the witch was horrible. Just because he was immune to elimination, doesn't mean you slack off. It is gonna affect him in the long run of the show. To be honest, I didn't think that his elf was that awesome, that ghoul biker should of won that one. Thinking of which, it is funny to see Conner give the same opinion that he probably feared last season on the show. I wondered if he would make an appearance, and he did!

Also, Brea? I bet we hear something about how *insert name*'s design and it helped Brea win. It should of been the girl who made the scarecrow on her own. It was worlds better than the witch.

I liked the Scarecrow and Witch from the womans team and the Lion from the Mens team, especially the way she played out as the lion. The only thing I liked from the tinman was the mens tinman face. Everything else seemed a little MEH.

I like the preview of the season to come, especially the underwater one. However, it looks like there is gonna be some paramedics showing up because of one of the challanges. Should be an interesting season.

The wife and I we really excited to see the new season.

We couldn't agree more about the Brea's witch not being as strong as the scarecrow. That girl asked for help several times and never got any.

I hope they learned something from these first challenges. It just seems like they missed a lot of little things.

I agree completely, Satxer. I wonder if Conner will chime in here, after all he is or was a member.

I was really surprised that Matt actually let the team influence his sculpt. I've known him for 10 years, and I've never known him to give in like that... And then he said that thing about being a team player, he really is PLAYING this game. Trust me, he usually does things his way... And they're usually successful.

I wasn't really impressed with any of the work on this episode. I feel like Athena accomplished nothing. I think the girls scarecrow head sculpt was amazing, but the clothes didn't work. I did like her hands.

If the girls tinman would have not had the line straight down the middle, I think it could have been a winner.

Every costume boiled down to days of work on the head, and throwing the rest together, last minute.

Can't wait til next week.

Updated FIRST Post!!! and Thread Title For Spoilers.

The odd Part is along with you guys I too agree with everything the Judges said. Except for who won the Challenge in which Case I agree with Saxter. I call this odd because if I remember in the first season the judges were making some really questionable choices. I just hope This season is better than the last and so far so good.

Last edited:
So I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the first episode.

I was really glad to see them bring Conor back for the show, and to hear that he's working with Ve on the Hunger Games. It's always nice to see someone take an incredible opportunity and run with it.

I loved the witch on the women's side. They did an absolutely fantastic job on her. That sculpt definitely deserved the win, in my opinion.

I also agree with what was said about Jerry slacking off because he had immunity. I don't think he'll survive long if he has that mindset, especially combined with his condescension toward the other contestants; "kids" as he calls them, complete with finger-quotes.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the underwater challenge.

I would love to grow a curvy handle bar mustache like that one guy who is not doing to well. For some reason those things make me laugh and laugh.

I think it was hilarious when Nix was all, "so, we're doing steam punk, right?" and the rest were all, "no?"

Like they hadn't even discussed steam punk.

OK, did anyone notice the plastic surgery work mckenzie had done? She was already a stunner, but look at her now

I wasn't too impressed with the witch, both scarecrows were really cool looking. The "guys" orignal drawling for the scarecrow was really really cool and scary

According to the description on cable, it says tonights episode is "Water World". Looks like it is gonna be the fun underwater one!

I cant wait to see all the concepts. Also I really hope the Fire truck and Ambulance was brought in just for drama. They really need a "NO MODELS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS EPISODE" tag line.

I called it! no need for Fire Truck or Ambulance! Although it did not stop them from teasing it for the next episode either.

Ok onto the decisions. I think the judges made all the Predictable decisions. again tonight. However I would have liked them to kick Jerry instead of Nix. I think Jerry is way to full of himself and needs to be brought down a peg or three. If his attitude continues then I don't think he is long for this show. He keeps trying to play it safe but in a show like this you'll get run over. You need to step it up and step out of your comfort zone. Besides that it was Jerry that did the Sculpt and That turtle could have used a bigger harder shell. Not to mention Jerry did the paint on the shell. Which the judges said was the color that did not mesh with the rest.

/\ Right with ya there. Jerry's sculpt failled right when he jumped in the water. Not just the shell, but the a bunch of the stuff. The judges shouldn't of looked at the fact that Nix paint job looked a little cartoony. Who the hell cares?! The other team had a shark in a tuxedo! The goal is to determine if it was a decent paint job regardless of cartoony or not. Jerry should of been eliminated based alone on his sculpt didn't even hold up when it first touched the water. I am not sure what the judges are doing this season.

I did see that turmoil in the other girl who helped Brea last week. I think she didn't want to help her teamate out as much this week because of all her work getting credited to the other person. But there was a lil too much drama, she could have just gave a little more help, but not did the whole thing and give someone else the credit.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back