Face Off - Return Of The Champions

JiminSTLouis

Sr Member
REMINDER: Season 8 starts tonight.

image.jpg

Holy crap, already?! Fantastic! I saw a preview where they had Josh Hutcherson as a guest judge. My husband looked at me like I was a lunatic when I squeed out loud and said "OMG, they must be doing a muttations episode!" :D

I then had to explain to him what muttations are in the context of the Hunger Games 'verse.

I'm not sure I like the team format this season. It seems like there's a lot of pressure (and risk) on the few doing the designs and sculpts, while the slackers sit around in the background playing around with foam for suits. If a face or cowl doesn't quite work, you know who will go home.

This new format is pretty garbage imo. The whole champions/captains is pretty pointless since they really aren't doing much. The whole first episode was just meh. I really hope it gets better.

Coaches, eh...I guess it had to happen at some point. Given they want a new 'format" every season it seems. I think the first challange will be team based, and probably toss in some individual challanges down the line.

Agreed, the coaches were saying how great the sculpts were then Michael Westmore comes in and dumps all over them while they stand there speechless.

The first episode should have been 2 hours.

Agreed on the coaches, as well. Not much coaching going on if their advice is immediately swept under the rug by an industry veteran. Still, I'll be tuning in each week.

Dunno about two hours but it did feel very rushed and could've used more time to build up the opening season.

Does anyone know if this has an alternate air-time other than 11pm or 8pm the following week? It airs at the same time as Agent Carter/Agents of SHIELD for me.

Of course, reading the thread, I'm not missing much.

Damn I didn't know it started already. Didn't even see any adds for it? Guess I missed the first ep but its on the pvr now :)

The first episode is on Hulu, but their schedule can be pretty chaotic.

Rob was Ve's runner-up for immunity, for his wizard character. Big guy, with the daughter who has Down's syndrome. I hope he does well.

I would rather there be a coach keeping everyone in line instead of the back stabbing BS that goes on when you have someone with talent paired with the person who couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler, then end up getting thrown under a bus during judging.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back