Face Off Castor Troy holsters

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Dung0beetle, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

I am working on the pattern for the Castor Troy "New York Reload" holsters (gold guns).
    [​IMG]
    The 1911's that I have look a bit longer than the guns in the film. I have a pair of airsoft 1911's and they look to be an inch or so longer in the barrel.

I was wondering if any of you gun guys know where to get the retention spring that holds the gun in place. I've googled, but I have no idea what the spring is actually called. I suppose I can fake it with wire coat hanger, but I don't know if that will do it's job and hold the gun securely.

[​IMG]This is all of the pattern layers together. The holes at the bottom of the holster are where the wire retention spring thingy goes between the layers of leather. I need to edit the top of the pattern because it doesn't look quite right, but I think I'm getting there.

2. Valdez

Valdez New Member

Only thing I can think of is some type of spring steel catch that would gently slide onto the front trigger guard. It would provide a friction fit until pulled on.

I have 1911s (real steel) of various sizes if you are looking for some real world measurements. (best of my ability's :lol ) Although I don't have any of the length in the movie.

Aaron