Face Hugger Beads- A Few More Pulled.

SMOKE

Waiting for supplies and the boredom and ocd was really kickin last night. so I started on these little guys. I want to smooth them out and detail them a little bit more. cute little buggers. :)

Here's some progress pics.

One little..
IMG_20120403_003547-1.jpg

Two little..

IMG_20120403_021747-1.jpg

Three little facehuggers.
IMG_20120403_121131-1.jpg

(y)

I still think you should make egg cups :)

These are lovely. Are you going to make them UV like your other stuff or no?

I still think you should make egg cups :)

These are lovely. Are you going to make them UV like your other stuff or no?

I wasn't planning on it but I might just have to add some of the UV additive to a set or two of them to see what it looks like. :)

They look fantastic mate

Thanks bud! I've seen some face hugger beads before here on the lair, I think bovine makes them. I was bored and wanted to take a crack at em and try to make them in three different sizes. :)

Thanks bro! When i mold the falcon, i plan on molding these little guys as well. If the molds comes out good then I will definitely offer up some raw alien dread huggers.:)

Nice, youve been busy latetly, i got mine dread huggers from master anubis ;)

Yeah I'm trying to keep my myself busy as much as possible lately. I was wondering if your's were Bovine's or not. I didn't know Master Anubis made some too. Very cool. :D

Thanks guys,
I made mine as a wrap, like it's actually hugging the dread. I considered doing a bead but I've seen only one other person attempt it the way I did it so I thought that be cool. I outline how I did mine in my suit thread.

Bovine's are more traditional beads. Were you going for a full bead or more like how I did mine?

Thanks guys,
I made mine as a wrap, like it's actually hugging the dread. I considered doing a bead but I've seen only one other person attempt it the way I did it so I thought that be cool. I outline how I did mine in my suit thread.

Bovine's are more traditional beads. Were you going for a full bead or more like how I did mine?

Just checked out your thread bro! Damn yours look great! my plan is to do a wrap style like you have. Im going to mold the hugger ,as is, on the copper fitting then rotocast the mold. After that I was going to trim the excess off around the hugger, leaving just the dread hugger.

Did you use a Chavant Hard or medium for yours? I'm thinking about getting some stiffer clay for the small stuff I sculpt.

Thanks!
It's medium Classic Clay. My understanding is that it would be comparable to a soft Chavant. I moved to the hard and started mixing it with my medium. The brown I have is medium and I ended up with tan for the hard. I was using the hard for my mini bust. For my dread hugger, the medium worked just fine. I didn't have to handle it so I didn't smoosh it. If I continue on the mini bust front, I'm considering going with Super Sculpy. There are many tricks and techniques that scuptors use to make excellent detail on the original.

I concidered the rotocast too. I'm looking forward to seeing how that comes out.

Forgive my inexperienced newbie question, but how does one cast beads and leave the hollow part in the middle? By putting a clay plug inside there?

Thanks for the info bro! I might have to pick up some chavant hard to mix in with the medium. I've been using needles and other odds and ends to get the detail I have been thus far. A needle and tooth pick have been my best friends on this mini sculpt.

I think.. I might be able to scrape up enough silicone to mold one of the Dread Huggers tonight. I did some more detailing and smoothing today. The bigger of the three is ready to run a mold of it. If I do run the mold tonight, I'll post up a pic of the results tomorrow. If I don't think I have enough, I'll just mold them all on thursday when the Smooth On order arrives. (y)

Sorry must have been posting when you were bud.. here's a link to a huntorial I did on how to mold dread beads.. http://www.thehunter...__fromsearch__1

Ah, thanks. I see.

My casting experience is minimal, and everything I did had a large flat area at the bottom of the piece (top of the mold) that made it pretty easy. I see, this is pretty much the same process, with just letting the casting rubber fill up the central hole.

I may be inspired to try it out. My beads will be pretty minimalist, though--my sculpting skills are pretty crude. ;)

Ah, thanks. I see.

My casting experience is minimal, and everything I did had a large flat area at the bottom of the piece (top of the mold) that made it pretty easy. I see, this is pretty much the same process, with just letting the casting rubber fill up the central hole.

I may be inspired to try it out. My beads will be pretty minimalist, though--my sculpting skills are pretty crude. ;)

Same principle as what you doing now. only difference is the box is bigger and yes gotta get that center hole filled ;)

Keep at the sculpting bud, just takes time, practice and patience. (y)

Same principle as what you doing now. only difference is the box is bigger and yes gotta get that center hole filled ;)

Keep at the sculpting bud, just takes time, practice and patience. (y)

Alright, you've inspired me. I'm off to Smooth On's website to order some Oomoo and Smooth Cast. ;)

Alright, you've inspired me. I'm off to Smooth On's website to order some Oomoo and Smooth Cast. ;)

Awesome! Good luck with the molding process. To save materials you can use a piece of pvc pipe for you barrier wall and hot glue the ring to your molding board to avoid a blow out at the bottom..physics is a mother ****** sometimes...trust me. lol

Oh yeah For beads I suggest Smooth Cast 300. (y)

What rotocast means?

When I make my bios or masks or anything I want hollow.I use Smooth Cast 65D. It's a High Impact/Semi Rigid (by semi rigid they mean it has some flex to it. By no means is it soft.)Rotational Casting resin with a slower more controlled flash time( it slowly thickens). I pour about a cup and a half give or take in to the bio mold and roll the resin around trying to cover all areas of the bio(beauty coat) .. as soon as it starts to really flash out and turn color, I set the mold down so that it settles evenly in an area(the dome) then I quickly mix up another cup of resin and pour it in while the other one is still flashing. I'll repeat that until I get everything nice and even and thick(about 4 coats) Usually the last coat I'm just trying to get the edges.

I hope all of that makes sense ... maybe i should just do a video..

Its ok, eventually ill learn, i think, the first day imgot here i read " matrix mold" i thought wth is that? And look at me know i just did one matrix mold and casted a bio :) thanks for explaining it

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back