Fabric EXPERTS, I NEED your HELP!

I NEED to know what kind of fabric was used in this "promo" suit from the Captain America film. Also, if anyone can point me in the direction of a pattern similar to this cut that would be and IMMENSE help as well. This is VERY IMPORTANT and I need something as CLOSE AS POSSIBLE! Thanks!

Check-Out-Chris-Evans-In-The-Captain-America-USO-Suit_156825_profile.jpg

For what its worth... the fabric looks to be a lycra blend. And the way the sleeves are cut (like a baseball shirt)- is called a raglan sleeve.

It's both a raglan and a standard shoulder. The zipper goes up the back, and the mask is full of wonky seams.

Fabric, I'd probably say a rough/dull moleskin spandex. It looked pretty thick, and moleskin is the thickest I know of.

One thing to keep in mind is the time period the film is set in, I'm not sure that were very many exotic, esp. man-made, fabrics available during the 40's. Of course, this is assuming that the costumers kept that in mind when they made the costume.

There are a lot of simple patterns for this shirt you can buy on line or at your local fabric store. If you want some direct links for patterns or fabric PM me & I can help point you in the right direction.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back