**** you, 2016. ****. You.

GEEZ! :eek

I hope people are going to jail for this....?

I'm so glad we don't use that much gas here where I live.

Jail is not likely. The contractors did go bankrupt though.

Where in Sweden are you from? My wife is from Malmö and I have cousins in Örebro. Happy new year!

Jail is not likely. The contractors did go bankrupt though.

Where in Sweden are you from? My wife is from Malmö and I have cousins in Örebro. Happy new year!

That is too bad, sounds like "criminal negligence"(or whatever) to me, but then I'm no lawyer :p

I'm due east(south east of Örebro), on Gotland, not part of the mainland :p
Ever been to Sweden? I haven't been to the US, yet, hopefully one though.

That is too bad, sounds like "criminal negligence"(or whatever) to me, but then I'm no lawyer :p

I'm due east(south east of Örebro), on Gotland, not part of the mainland :p
Ever been to Sweden? I haven't been to the US, yet, hopefully one though.

Yeah, I go to Sweden about once a year to visit family. I didn't get a chance to go over this year!

I mean, if this is the lament 2016 thread, let me share my story.

On October 19th at 9:45AM the building that my business was in literally blew up. My whole world got the Michael Bay treatment and got leveled in the largest explosion in Oregon history. Now, I am a professional tattooer and have been for twelve years. All of my equipment, original art work and other irreplaceable knick knacks were gone in an instant. Nothing was salvaged.

So yeah, 2016 can suck a D. However, the days following the explosion were amazing because I got to see my community and peers come together and offer help along with words of encouragement.

that is freak'n crazy! glad you are alright, that could have been much worse

I came to post the picture below about how 2016 was not all bad. I had to fight the urge to add in a rant about celebrity deaths.
Also in 2016.jpg

The upside?

We survived 2016. Wear that like a damn badge!

In seriousness, though, looking back on it, 2016 was, on balance, a good year for me personally, mostly due to the birth of my daughter and how well she is doing. But it was a terrible year in a global sense, and for many friends of mine who suffered personal setbacks and tragedies. As I've said elsewhere (and maybe here? I forget), I don't think any sane person is going to look back on 2016 in the years to come and say "Man, that was a great year! I'd do 2016 over again in a heartbeat!" I can think of other years I'd gladly relive, but 2016? No flippin' way.

^ Hells yeah, you go golden girl!

I was hoping to see a list of good things that happened, but the "less disease and pollution" one isn't doing it for me. Even something like the Cubs winning a World Series for the first time in over 100 years is still bad for Indians fans...

But hey, it's behind us.

-Rog

Did that explosion kill anyone? Like the guys illegally digging?

Amazingly no one was killed. The actions of our shop manager saved at least a 100 people when she informed the idiots digging that our whole shop smelled of gas. After that they were forced to call a hazmat team which cleared the building immediately. There was an apartment on the third floor and one of the girls who lived there was inside when the building went up. Somehow she only suffered a minor concussion and some cuts, which is absolutely incredible. The worst injury sustained was by a first responder who pulled the girl out of the rubble when the second explosion went off. He broke his leg and got burned but is okay.

Amazingly no one was killed. The actions of our shop manager saved at least a 100 people when she informed the idiots digging that our whole shop smelled of gas. After that they were forced to call a hazmat team which cleared the building immediately. There was an apartment on the third floor and one of the girls who lived there was inside when the building went up. Somehow she only suffered a minor concussion and some cuts, which is absolutely incredible. The worst injury sustained was by a first responder who pulled the girl out of the rubble when the second explosion went off. He broke his leg and got burned but is okay.
Wow, that is insane. Glad no one was killed. Or you going to try and open another shop up?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back