F&M Viper MKVII

Boba Flint

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Been working on and off on this since February. I had some difficulty getting the cockpit and wings to fit and when I put a coat of primer on most of the panel lines dissapeared. I got one helluva education in re-scribing everything. I've never done this kind of scribing before.
At one point during the build I broke the canopy frame and lost one of the pilot's arms. Frank replaced those parts free of charge. Thanks again Frank. :thumbsup

Now the pics.

100_3373.jpg

100_3371.jpg

100_3374.jpg

100_3381.jpg

100_3380.jpg

100_3379.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_3377.jpg

100_3376.jpg

100_3375.jpg

100_3382.jpg

Oh man, that is BEAUTIFUL work. I love seeing FM Vipers built up. Can you talk us through the paint job; what colours did you use, etc?

The base color was custom mix. I used a combination of Testors French Dark Blue Grey with some RAF Azure blu. At some point I used light grey in the mix as well. I used strait light grey for the all the lighter spots and stippled it on with Micro Mark's #8 dry brush. Some of the weathering was done with a dark grey pastel and Tamiya's weathering set A and B.

Very nice,looks great. Just got one from Frank cant wait till it arrives...
I have even bought all the paint in the place before the 1/32 Moedius hits the streets and it's all gone.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back