Ezra Lightsaber, who's building one?

mac3kuby

I thought for sure I would see someone on here building one. Saw the new episode where Ezra builds his and shows it off. Great episode. Wondering if anyone has started theirs?

Also, what are your opinions on it? It is different for sure. I like it. He needs something that will not be easily identified by the Empire as a lightsaber. I think it works well. Can't wait to see more of it on the show.

I found this image on Star Wars Rebel Wiki. And I was really surprised on the ammount of screen time they dedicated to close-ups of his Lightsaber. And the best part is the close-ups was while Kanen was holding it, so EASY scaling :cool

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwarsrebels/images/f/f4/Ezra%27s_lightsaber_details.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150109224213

I might try my hand in building one, as soon as I catch up on a few other projects. Namely, Hera's Blaster & Headgear, & Zeb's Bo-Rifle (those are just the started projects :rolleyes)

Ezra took his lightsaber from the cartoon "Ulysse 31" , a cartoon from the 80's. Lightsaber and blaster in the same item.

I really want to make a prop Ezra's Blastersaber (I think that's what everyone is calling it) for Star Wars Weekends this year. Though I'm not sure security at Walt Disney World will let me in with it, I still want to make one. I made an account just to reply to this! Anybody think I could get into Disney's Hollywood Studios with a prop Ezra's Lightsaber? They always don't let people in with Lightsabers with static blades from what I know. I asked before last year's event and they said it's really up to the security guard at bag check so I didn't take the chance. They sell Lightsabers with blades that go into the hilt but outside of SWW they put tape over it and ask you not to remove it. During SWW though, they let guests in with collapsable blade Lightsabers and don't ask them to keep them taped over, they just ask everyone to be careful. I don't think I would put a blade in a prop Ezra's Lightsaber though. So, again, does anyone think I could get into Star Wars Weekends this year with Ezra's Lightsaber if I don't put a blade on it?

Apparently Disney built one to put on display:

IMG_1186.jpg

I thought it looked like one of those yellow heavy duty staplers that you'd buy at Home Depot when I first saw it.

- Jim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back