Eyemesh for the ROTS MR Vaderhelmet.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Kroenen77, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

Has somebody a idea what they used behind the eyes of the MR ROTS Vaderhelmet?The lense is clear...but behind the lenses are pieces of black fabric.Its perfect that you cannot look in the helmet but easy look out.Any idea what a fabric this is?

2. DizzyStrmtroopr

DizzyStrmtroopr Well-Known Member

i think phoenix props makes them, theyre like the metal screen mesh commonly used on handheld radios/speakers

3. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

But is it not metal on speakers?This is a fabric.I think you could use it also for a spidermansuit.;)

4. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

Here is a pic from the stuff...looks like a very fine grid..

[​IMG]

5. Mickxc

Mickxc Active Member

Is that a WIP shot of the real reveal mask? If so- awesome & thanks for sharing.

6. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

No,its a insideshot of my MR ROTS Vader helmet to show the grid inside.;)

7. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Perhaps you could use the same fabric as Hasbro uses for the Vader capes of the 3 3/4" or even 6" line? It's rather thin and easy to look through, yet dark enough to appear as a full cloak from the outside :)

Chaim

8. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

I think it's actually a plastic mesh screen. It's not metal. I thought it was, but when I looked at mine again, it's not.
    2015-09-03 07.57.26.jpg 2015-09-03 08.08.39.jpg
    It's also used behind the mouth grills.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  9. Toddo

Toddo Member

I use the Trooperbay mesh intended to go behind the mouths on stormtrooper helmets. I can see fine through it, but no one can see my eyes, not even in flash photos. I glue the top which allows me to gently lift the mesh to apply anti-fog drops for trooping.

10. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

Yes its also behind the mouth.I also would say its plastic...but where you can order stuff like this?

I looked in the trooperbayshop but did not found it.:confused