Eye flash

syldar

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a question to put out there if anyone has developed something that simulates the eye flash that the pred does when it goes into its stealth?

Im mainly interested in this as it is another piece of the costume that makes it come to life. I know the difference is huge when things work like a darth vader without lights on his chest and waist boxes and no voice will be beaten hands down by someone with the exact same costume (by this i mean quality and standard too) with all of these working features.

Anything that adds to the realism

(sorry if there was already a thread about it used search on eyes and bio and didnt find anything or overlooked it completely. Please delete / move if this is so)

Well I know some people haev done it on here, I just cant for the life of me remember where the thread is. Most of the ones Ive seen have used a LED rigged to a switch. You just put the LED's on the sides of the eye's and run it to an on off switch. Its not that difficult. You'd have to use a wire mesh over the eyes instead of a lens so that it'd be easier to see.

Hope that helps
Dave

Yeah i realise it wouldnt be that hard i just wanted to know whether many people have done so and how bright it was etc etc :)

Im mainly thinking on using something quite bright that can go two settings on/off and flash with fade/ pulsate.
Just more or less an idea to throw around.

Thanks

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back