Expanding resin

Flagg

Sr Member
Several months ago I remember a topic about an expanding resin where you would put a casting in water and it would uniformally expand. I just did a search and I am unable to find anything about this on the board now. Would someone be so kind as to put a link to the website where I can buy some of this? I have a project where I need to supersize something and it would be much easier to do it this way than to resculpt the entire piece from scratch.

Thanks in advance,
Flagg

Not sure that is what Flaqq is looking for expanding foams like listed are quite common and lack a uniform ability to expand.

I also recall a thread that mentioned a product that you poured into a mold, release from mold and immersed in water? It was supposed to expand uniformly increasing the size of the original item's dimensions to scale.

That's awesome stuff, I hadn't seen it before. I can't think of any projects I'd use it on anytime soon, but I'm thinking of getting some anyway just to play with it. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back