Exedge/Greg Parker

Originally posted by Rylo@Feb 11 2006, 11:18 AM
NOTE TO NEWBIES:

Prop collecting is not a crapshoot but there are bandits in the woods. Be an educated consumer and do a little homework prior to handing over your hard earned cash. Reputable dealers should not mind if you check-up on them. Ask for references, talk to other members, etc.
[snapback]1181798[/snapback]​
Truth. Take these words to heart.

Ed, your efforts are absolutely appreciated. Thank you.

Gavidoc, you're starting to confuse me. But hey, maybe I'm slow. You first hijack Ed's thread, trying to derail Ed from helping those that Greg defrauded and otherwise to shame members from wanting their money back. You basically say, "oh, I've been keeping this dark secret for years now, but let me spill the beans now for the hell of it--Greg got a C&D." Then you backtrack, saying he didn't actually say he got a C&D. So Greg didn't tell you about his C&D, but he was able to tell you all the details of it?

"LFL told me to not mention any of what I didn't just tell you to the prop collecting community. But please mention what I didn't just say to those I stole from when they try to right my wrongs."

Is this the story you're going with now? Really, you're confusing me. Any other "facts" you'd like to obscure, back-track on, refute, or make up? Or maybe you'd like to go with the, "crap, they're onto my BS. I'll just say I don't have to take this 'abuse' and I wont say any more."

You're at about 40 feet down. Keep digging that hole.

Originally posted by Rylo@Feb 11 2006, 10:29 AM

Rules are followed by good, honest people, not crooks. You can't regulate integrity and that's what this boils down to. I wish we could. Your idea would certainly work, then.

You are correct sir.

Being 44 years old it is tough to fight off the amount of cynisim that builds up, the end result I trust people way more than I should.

Forget what i said, a new rule would be worthless.

Originally posted by synasp@Feb 11 2006, 02:34 PM
Gavidoc, you're starting to confuse me. But hey, maybe I'm slow. You first hijack Ed's thread, trying to derail Ed from helping those that Greg defrauded and otherwise to shame members from wanting their money back. You basically say, "oh, I've been keeping this dark secret for years now, but let me spill the beans now for the hell of it--Greg got a C&D." Then you backtrack, saying he didn't actually say he got a C&D. So Greg didn't tell you about his C&D, but he was able to tell you all the details of it?
[snapback]1181856[/snapback]​

Sorry if there is any confusion. My intention was not to derail any thread that Ed had started. If Ed thinks he can get stuff done where so many others have had no luck, I'm all for it. Yet, why get your hopes up again? This has been ongoing for what..3 years now? I just pointed out the obvious. The money is GONE. I doubt you'll ever see it. If you do, awesome. If you don't, well, what do you expect?

Greg didn't tell me he got a C&D. I even said that. Never came out and stated for fact that Greg got a C&D. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer in my first post that it was my own summation based on the information. My mistake for not doing that.

He didn't tell me details of a C&D. He told me details of an incident that had happened to him and the machine shop and also involved a law firm representing LFL. He told me that the License holder wasn't happy with him (over what I don't know). Like I said, what does it sound like to you? Sure sounds like a C&D to me.

It's not my fault if you are reading what you want to read, and not what I've written. Yet I haven't backtracked. I've stated a few things.

A. I think it's clear you won't see any money and the reasons why.
B. I think it is obvious what has happened and the cause for why Exedge has disappeared.
C. I understand why Exedge did what he did.
D. I have not stated nor implied that I agree with what Exedge has done or why he did it.
E. That if you collect illegal prop replicas you run the risk of being burned. The success rate of getting stuff or money back is very minimal and it might be better to just take it as a learning experience and get on with your collecting.
F. I get mad when a good guy is dragged through the mud over something he feels he has no control over and people form a lynch mob and rampant rumors start to fly without a shread of truth to them. You even did it yourself.

There you go. Plain words. Nice and simple rehash of what I've already said. Do you have anything else you are confused about Synasp, or did that cover it for you?

Originally posted by micdavis+Feb 11 2006, 02:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ Feb 11 2006, 02:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Rylo
@Feb 11 2006, 10:29 AM

Rules are followed by good, honest people, not crooks. You can't regulate integrity and that's what this boils down to. I wish we could. Your idea would certainly work, then.

You are correct sir.

Being 44 years old it is tough to fight off the amount of cynisim that builds up, the end result I trust people way more than I should.

Forget what i said, a new rule would be worthless.
[snapback]1181896[/snapback]​
[/b]

Don't let it get you down. I'm as frustrated with it as you are.

I know I have nothing at stake here, as I was never a participant, but I just cannot wrap my mind around LFL saying "dont talk about this C&D."
That just doesnt seem legal or believable. Now i know Gav said he was only repeating info, this isnt aimed at him. But that just seems very odd.

Oh, and i think I second (or thirt/fourth) making a "dont sell it if you dont have it on hand" rule. Just to stop all the problems that have occured like this.

Do you have anything else you are confused about Synasp, or did that cover it for you?
Thank you Gavidoc. My apologies for not making my sarcasm more apparent, and hope future attempts will be more successful.

My intention was not to derail any thread that Ed had started. If Ed thinks he can get stuff done where so many others have had no luck, I'm all for it. Yet, why get your hopes up again? This has been ongoing for what..3 years now? I just pointed out the obvious. The money is GONE. I doubt you'll ever see it. If you do, awesome. If you don't, well, what do you expect?
Cool Gavidoc. This reminds me of propaganda used against solders in war. How would it go? You'd shout over the loudspeaker something like:

"We have no intention to fight you. Why think you can win when so many others have had no luck? Why get your hopes up? This war has been ongoing for 3 years now. Listen to the obvious. Your homeland is GONE. I doubt you'll ever see it again."
<cue Nationalistic music, salutes to the Emperor, and a salvo of brainwashed men>

Greg didn't tell me he got a C&D. I even said that. Never came out and stated for fact that Greg got a C&D. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer in my first post that it was my own summation based on the information. My mistake for not doing that.
I'm going to post an auction on Ebay. I'll wait for people to buy into my ruse. Then I'll say I don't actually have it. When they call me on it, I'm going to say I never said for a fact I had it in my possession. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer in my first description. My mistake for not doing that. Hopefully you'll still buy into my ruse now that I gave you an awesome excuse.

Awesome. :D

He didn't tell me details of a C&D. He told me details of an incident that had happened to him and the machine shop and also involved a law firm representing LFL.  He told me that the License holder wasn't happy with him (over what I don't know). Like I said, what does it sound like to you? Sure sounds like a C&D to me.
When in this not telling you of the not-really-C&D did he say the might of LFL would descend upon Greg's calm conscience if he mentioned a single thing about the could-be-I-made-it-up-C&D to the "prop collecting community?" The RPF membership has some damn smart cookies. Do you actually believe they buy into the LFL-assassinating-Greg-Parker-if-Greg-Parker-gave-back-money-he-stole-from-people excuse? It's a little far fetched. Or did you make this up as well?

("assassinating Greg Parker" is a metaphor for "messing him up" which is an analogy to "I made it up"... did you follow that logic? :confused I didn't.)

Look, it's cool you want to protect your friend, but he is a class A @#$%.bag. Protecting class A @#$%.bags (last I checked) is not appreciated here nor in human-populated societies.

It's not my fault if you are reading what you want to read, and not what I've written.
I'm not blaming you. Sometimes I have trouble reading. It's sometimes really difficult for me to prophesize that, "He was issued a Cease and Desist." will actually, eventually, mean, "I meant I made up the part where he was issued a Cease and Desist, and guessed that he did after he didn't tell me anything about it." Damn, let me read that again (damn phonics.):

Originally posted by gavidoc@Feb 10 2006, 08:44 AM
The heck with it. I'll just come out and say it.

There is no money. You will never see your money. Nor will you see your product.

People ever wonder why Greg just mysteriously disappeared so quickly? Why he wasn't seen or heard from for quite some time?

He was issued a Cease and Desist. I don't remember all the sorid details about the whole ordeal but in a nutshell, the product that Greg had made using people's money is now in limbo and will never be seen.

IIRC, it was made quite clear to the machine shop that they were to no longer make any parts associated with Star Wars.
IIRC, it was made quite clear to the RPF membership you believe they should stay bent over for your buddy.

....Bla blab blab. The hole you dug became a circle, and I tend to get dizzy watching people run circles. I'll let you get the last word in before this thread gets shut down to make way for prop discussion (if that is what should be done), least you ask me questions to reply to, or otherwise request clarification. If you do, I will PM you instead of furthur burdening the RPF by bumping non-prop discussion.

My apologies to the RPF membership for believing that people should do the right thing, and that those who willingly and openly protect @#$%.bags aren't welcome in the world. I'm sorry you guys had to be patient while this embarrassing cancer spawned and tried to spread in our home, of all places. My apologies to Gavidoc for thinking less of him--it's not fair of me to write off a person for trying to uphold his beliefs. We just happen to be on opposite sides of this particular issue, and may possibly agree on many other topics.

Best of luck to Ed in his honorable attempt for Justice. Take care fellas.

Illegal props?

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read on the internet.

What did greg make the props out of heroin?

Everything written here by gavidoc is suspect because this is just way too moronic of a declaration.

Illegal props my a$$.

"I got arrested for having illegal props. Please bail me out."

I just took in the entire thread. Let me first say this: I have no dog in this fight. I will repeat: I have no dog in this fight.

Having said that, I'm taking synasp's position and calling bull$hit. Gavidoc's defense of Exedge is based on unsupported hearsay, paraphrasing, and conjecture. And even if Exedge received a C&D, it does NOT preclude him from issuing refunds to customers. Unless the court seized his e-mail, PayPal, and bank accounts, LFL cannot interfere with monetary transactions. evpi50 has further shown that Exedge has disposable income and is purchasing gifts for himself rather than refunding customers.

If I owed customers money from a failed project (let's say the entire shipment from the vendor sank in the Pacific and was not insured, plus I got C&Ded, and THEN my car was stolen AND my dog got run over AND I was infected with the Ebola virus), I would sell all my props and take a second job in order to pay any balances due to the vendor and to refund every last penny to my customers.

If Exedge refuses to do that, regardless of his excuse, he is nothing more than an amoral thief who needs to be nailed to the wall with every legal and law enforcement option available to his victims.

On the other hand, if he wants to improve his karma and 'go Earl' on us, then the staff should give him a one-time opportunity to post a "Letter to the RPF" in which he publicly apologizes to his victims, details the FACTS of his experience, including pastes and/or scans of all supporting evidence, posts a comprehensive list of victims, and offers some form of restitution plan with a timetable.

Yeah, right - and pigs will fly... :rolleyes

And to echo Rylo and micdavis: don't take payments for nonexistent products and offer products only if you can finance your own run.

And if you can't, sucks to be you. Or would you rather risk becoming the next Exedge?

- Gabe

The implication in this thread is that Exedge doesn't have any money because it all went on production of the product.

Product that Exedge was later on barred from selling because of a C&D.

Does that mean that there are boxes somewhere with certain product(s) just sitting around? Or does it mean that the items were confiscated and destroyed by the license holder?

If it's the latter then I can't see how anyone could demand their money back. :(

if you buy unlicensed 'pirate' DVDs or CDs you can hardly complain if Customs decide to crush and burn them.

If the items have not been confiscated and all the cash taken (albeit with a small profit) went on producing the product, where are they?

Just to add - I have no vested interest and I do manufacture items for a licensee as well as making replica props for myself.

Originally posted by Blad@Feb 12 2006, 10:11 AM
Or does it mean that the items were confiscated and destroyed by the license holder?

If it's the latter then I can't see how anyone could demand their money back. :(
[snapback]1182381[/snapback]​

In that scenerio, it happened to HIM, not US. We'd still be owed a refund.

If the prop police knocked down our door and confiscated our items as they were delivered, then it would be OUR problem. Only then.

Originally posted by Treadwell+Feb 12 2006, 09:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Feb 12 2006, 09:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Blad
@Feb 12 2006, 10:11 AM
Or does it mean that the items were confiscated and destroyed by the license holder?

[snapback]1182810[/snapback]​
[/b]

I agree. You are owed a refund. Unfortunately, I don't see you getting one.

My understanding at the time was that they were NOT confiscated. Who had them, I don't know. IIRC, the dart bodies were done and the fins were about to be made when it happened.

I think most/all of us seeking a refund are pretty realistic about the likelihood of it actually happening, Gav. But nothing ventured...

Originally posted by Treadwell@Feb 13 2006, 11:15 AM
I think most/all of us seeking a refund are pretty realistic about the likelihood of it actually happening, Gav. But nothing ventured...
[snapback]1183201[/snapback]​

Thats what its like with thieves...they usually don't give 'refunds'...

Originally posted by Treadwell+Feb 12 2006, 07:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Feb 12 2006, 07:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Blad
@Feb 12 2006, 10:11 AM

If the prop police knocked down our door and confiscated our items as they were delivered, then it would be OUR problem. Only then.
[snapback]1182810[/snapback]​
[/b]

That scenario never happened. We caught him selling leftover parts on ebay.

Originally posted by NEKROFANATIC+Feb 13 2006, 10:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NEKROFANATIC @ Feb 13 2006, 10:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Treadwell
@Feb 13 2006, 11:15 AM
[snapback]1183201[/snapback]​

Thats what its like with thieves...they usually don't give 'refunds'...
[snapback]1183212[/snapback]​
[/b]

Good Point Nekro.........Thieves won't even consider giving their victims a refund.....even if it takes them the rest of their lives to make it right.

Honest people, on the other hand, would make an attempt to make things right with those that they have ripped off. Honest people wouldn't use bull@#%&* excuses of religion and half brained C&D warnings from LFL to try to hide their scam. They also wouldn't ask their friends to do damage control for them, but would contact each individual they owe product or refund to.

Sorry, but their just isn't any gray area in this situation. The guy has two choices.....make it right or own the title of thief.

Dave :(

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back