Exciting Steve Johnson Youtube Announcement

Just watched the first Abyss video and I'm really impressed by the quality and effort- just like watching a DVD extra. And I like that he mentioned the stills as well as footage because releases like the Predator special editions only had selective material on them, it would be great if eventually other industry proffessionals share their archive material online.
I re-watched some old Movie Magics on video cassette from the mid-nineties. If it was easy for me to upload them I would as there is a lot of exclusive material there which doesn't appear on any DVDs. One episode I don't have but crave to see was mentioned on an episode guide online, it featured Stan Winston Studios and this was a capture:

predator_6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Steve doing this as an exclusive Youtube upload or are there going to be DVDs with this information? I would really like to get either copies or a copy.

looks to be purely web-based content, easier to use his footage and photos without seeking studio approval. I also like the fact that he's getting those who were involved to give contributions so the videos will be as good as DVD features but they will match in format and quality.

looks to be purely web-based content, easier to use his footage and photos without seeking studio approval. I also like the fact that he's getting those who were involved to give contributions so the videos will be as good as DVD features but they will match in format and quality.

It is a good thing I RealPlayer then because then I can download all the episodes and then burn them on DVDs of 4GB space and make my own DVD collection lol. Thanks for the info.

I dunno, but it looks to be a fairly recent (post Jurassic Park II) development, heavily reliant on motion playback, or augmented feedback of a actors input.

I dunno, but it looks to be a fairly recent (post Jurassic Park II) development, heavily reliant on motion playback, or augmented feedback of a actors input.
Maybe they scratched that and went with CGI like they did with Jurassic Park because they were going with the whole Stop Motion before they switched.

great links.. thanks.... also did u see the superman suit at the end of the first... think that was gona be for the tim burton nic cage film that never happened!

Yeah I didn't catch that until my second viewing, Superman Reborn is also mentioned in Special Effects and Audio History showing concept art including Brainiac's skull-shaped spaceship. Cool to see stuff from unrealised films.

Yeah I didn't catch that until my second viewing, Superman Reborn is also mentioned in Special Effects and Audio History showing concept art including Brainiac's skull-shaped spaceship. Cool to see stuff from unrealised films.
It is also sad that they used all that material to make these things and then they get scrapped for nothing it just gets thrown in the garbage or taken apart. Really disappointing!

It must piss them off not getting a job they have spend tons on to pitch for. Stan Winston did all that concept and development for Planet of the Apes but I guess that's the business and also a reason Steve isn't competing with them anymore.
I wonder if he'll do anything on the Boss Films Predator creature. I bought a set of design copies of it via Steve's XFX and saw a few photos around showing Steve Wang sculpting. They probably have old test footage.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back