Ewok Build for SW Celebration 2017 ***PIC HEAVY***

phrank26

My son asked me to make an Ewok costume for Celebration next year so I did some research and made this. It went together relatively fast (under 35 hours total), after I got all of the fabrics and materials.

Initial Hulk Mask with foam glued, and eyes made from Container lids from gumball machines, and an old Baseball Helmet cut down...

IMG_4414a.jpg
IMG_4415a.jpg

The clay nose and lips with initial paints, and headband ears just for effect (made my own ears later)

IMG_4417a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Initial fur implanting...

IMG_4418a.jpg

IMG_4419a.jpg

Top fur and ears complete
IMG_4420a.jpg

IMG_4421a.jpg

IMG_4422.JPG

Last edited:
More head shots...

IMG_4424b.jpg

Eyes tinted and rough cowl made...Kai approves

IMG_4426.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Close up of the face...

IMG_4427b.jpg

Hands completed

IMG_4477b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Initial Body suit fitting and wear...

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479a.jpg

IMG_4480a.jpg

Last edited:
Yes as a matter of fact I did, my son wore it for 5 minutes and started sweating. He will wear a CamelBack and have the fans rolling! will have new pics up soon of the feet and completed hands.

Oh no, the best ewok build thread and I just came back to see the pics to make sure I am doing it properly! I know it takes time, but if you were kind enough to upload again, I would be extremely grateful!

I used Spray Tint for Car taillights. I will take a picture of it. Also I did update the eyes to glass, re-purposed some miniature snow globes and they came out better and clearer for my son to see through.

- - - Updated - - -

Latest Updates...

Finished weathering the cowl, made a side pack and finishing the feet and spear now. Here are some pictures from last weekend...

IMG_4656a_zpswq63mnoy.jpg

IMG_4657a_zpssrmtzu2o.jpg

IMG_4662a_zpspi785ulp.jpg

IMG_4665a_zpsw4zaoc8m.jpg

Last edited:
Been a little while since any updates on this costume. Here are the feet that are completed, (just need to take pics of the completed weathering), but at least you can see what they mostly look like...

Original mold, (left over latex finger from the hands)...

IMG_4906a_zpszesl227q.jpg

The casts...

IMG_4910a_zpsyycbk0m8.jpg

The original slipper on the left (troll slipper I think), and the 90% finished one on the right

IMG_4913a_zpsetdzp7br.jpg

Toe close-up

IMG_4914a_zpsgbnugmxo.jpg

Toes next to each other...

IMG_4915a_zpskw8lqglq.jpg

Yes, it will be a staff more than a spear (no pointed end), it has a bird skull at the top and designed with leather and lots of feathers and bones. I will post pics once it is done.

99% Done, just finishing some FINAL detailing and packing away. Kai is excited for Celebration! See you all there! Come see us in the Cosplay Contest if you can!

IMG_4931A_zpsdhaqkcjl.jpg

IMG_4929a_zpszd6epmjo.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back