Evil Dead Necronomicon (Tom Sullivan Official Replica)

bodhicitta7

Haven’t seen one of these come up for auction in a very long time and curious as to how many are out there. Before I bought mine in 2007, I e-mailed Tom Sullivan to confirm it was one of his books. He replied that it was, and also that he knew the seller and vouched for him, which made the purchase a little more comfortable for me (thanks to betoyz for letting it go).

The book is #045 and is signed by Tom Sullivan, Bruce Campbell, Ellen Sandweiss, Betsy Baker, Sarah York (Thersa Tilly), Hal Delrich (Richard DeManincor), Ted Raimi (sadly, the only Fake Shemp signature I have from the cast), & the man himself, Sam Raimi.

When I contacted Tom Sullivan in 2012, he indicated that he had only made "about" 50 replicas up to that point, but intended the full run to be 100 when completed.

Just curious as to what’s out there and who on the RPF has the highest number replica as an indicator of the run number at this point. Did he ever get to 100? Anybody know?

Attachments

• IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 784
Last edited:
That is a awesome replica to have & it being signed by the cast & crew as well, so cool.

Just wondering, how much was Tom Sullivan selling these for originally?

Tom Sullivan. What a jerk! 15 years ago I made a darn good replica for a friend and posted pics of my finished work on Facebook. Apparently, Sullivan saw it and sent me a deplorable message that I immediately remove the images because he owns all the rights to this book. I explained that I wasn’t selling it but I made it for a friend. He called me a liar and he knew I was just posting the pictures so that people could contact me for purchase. I told him to F_ off then blocked him. I kept my pictures up and I never heard another peep from the jerk.

Tom Sullivan. What a jerk! 15 years ago I made a darn good replica for a friend and posted pics of my finished work on Facebook. Apparently, Sullivan saw it and sent me a deplorable message that I immediately remove the images because he owns all the rights to this book. I explained that I wasn’t selling it but I made it for a friend. He called me a liar and he knew I was just posting the pictures so that people could contact me for purchase. I told him to F_ off then blocked him. I kept my pictures up and I never heard another peep from the jerk.

Would like to see the pix of your replica someday.

I know this thread is fairly old but, from what I understand, Tom only ever made 60 books total. From what I understand he lost the rights somehow and has basically stopped doing replicas.

I know this thread is fairly old but, from what I understand, Tom only ever made 60 books total. From what I understand he lost the rights somehow and has basically stopped doing replicas.
A bunch of years ago I was in contact with him to make one. Had agreed the price etc, but not long after, he kinda disappeared.

TOTS has the rights to some of the ED films, so I'm guessing rather than Tom sending threatening cease and desist messages to people making their own replicas, it's now Chris Zephro doing it hahha.

A bunch of years ago I was in contact with him to make one. Had agreed the price etc, but not long after, he kinda disappeared.

TOTS has the rights to some of the ED films, so I'm guessing rather than Tom sending threatening cease and desist messages to people making their own replicas, it's now Chris Zephro doing it hahha.
Tom actually sculpted a Necronomicon prop and Kandarian dagger for them. Eventually, these were retired And they released the versions they currently sell.

As for Tom, I've no idea what happened to his ED1 replica mold though. A lot of his other molds, including his Kandarian dagger recast from the original, ended up with a private collector.

Attachments

• image-3883964952_l4HoFJq0h.jpg
    image-3883964952_l4HoFJq0h.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1531957937_ohi0l2lVW.jpg
    image-1531957937_ohi0l2lVW.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 98
As regards OP's inquiry, last one I saw that was owned by a collector was some guy in Belfast. IIRC, the collector had told me it was one of the last ones Tom had made. I can't remember the guy's name as it was back on Facebook many years ago, but I remember the guy ran a Subway. His name might possibly have been Jay. Had a pretty cool collection. I'm sure he is around the place somewhere on the Evil Dead fan pages or on the main Evil Dead forums.

The user Swofty that runs the BookoftheDead.ws site probably has a list of users that own them and numbers. Might be worth dropping him a message if OP is still searching for info.

Last edited:
I think I just got the one from the guy in Belfast! Number 46! Its cover is very stiff so I’m a bit shy about opening it too much, but it’s absolutely beautiful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back