Evil Dead 2 Chainsaw

the clamp is a common exhaust clamp for vehicle/commercial truck exhaust systems. google something like "cummins exhaust clamp" and go through the images. that part should not have to be fabricated. they should also be fairly cheap.

the clamp is a common exhaust clamp for vehicle/commercial truck exhaust systems. google something like "cummins exhaust clamp" and go through the images. that part should not have to be fabricated. they should also be fairly cheap.
I’ve never seen one that looks like the ones in the film. If you find one that does, please let me know. These are a pain to make. Especially making the aircraft fastener nut with the matching threads.

Sure, the hose is a pretty standard hose clamp (with the nut Porter0138 mentioned). But there's an inner cuff to it that I've not seen on any hose clamp. If it's on a particular brand or type of clamp, it would be good to know.

Attachments

• Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 054.jpg
    Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 054.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 056.jpg
    Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 056.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 062.jpg
    Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 062.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 063.jpg
    Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 063.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 064.jpg
    Evil Dead 2 - 2011 US Lionsgate Blu-Ray Still 064.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 78
Sure, the hose is a pretty standard hose clamp (with the nut Porter0138 mentioned). But there's an inner cuff to it that I've not seen on any hose clamp. If it's on a particular brand or type of clamp, it would be good to know.
I wish I could find screen accurate clamps. But I don’t think they exist. I’ll have to keep making them as close as I can.

Agreed. I think the hose clamp part is simple enough but for the nut I just went with a standard lock nut. I'm yet to make the inner cuff but I'm convinced it's a found part that was added to the clamp.

Thanks, but the inside piece doesn't match the cuff used on the prop. You'd have to bust through the welds to get it off anyway. Easier to just use the hose clamp version without the inside piece and fabricate an accurate cuff.
The nut doesn't match screen used either. As show above, it's an aviation nut - sometimes called a drilled jam nut according to my googling - that is used on the prop. The nut that comes with the clamp is just a standard nylock nut.

If the safety wire nut is original to the screen used clamp, perhaps it is an aviation clamp and not a land-based part.

Have you tried searching that way?

Yeah, no dice. The characteristics of that clamp are very specific. That's not to say it's not an aviation clamp, but it seems as though whatever kind of clamp it is, it's one that has long been discontinued in those sepcs. Aviation hose clamps don't seem to differ all that much from regular hose clamps - you just have to use one with certain specs.

I should add also that on hose clamps that use safety wire, my research hasn't found any that use safety wire through a drilled nut like the nut found on the prop. For that reason I tend to think that the drilled nut didn't originally come with that clamp.

If the safety wire nut is original to the screen used clamp, perhaps it is an aviation clamp and not a land-based part.

Have you tried searching that way?
The nut is military grade aircraft fastener nut. I’ve been in conversation with a salesman at a fastener company that says he can get them so I don’t have to make them anymore.

I should add also that on hose clamps that use safety wire, my research hasn't found any that use safety wire through a drilled nut like the nut found on the prop. For that reason I tend to think that the drilled nut didn't originally come with that clamp.
It absolutely didn’t. And if you can get clear screen caps, similar nuts are used to secure the clamp to the brackets on the saw. I had to make those too.

I had a thought about this clamp-

Do you think maybe they lined the inside of the (standard) clamp with a piece of rubber or foam to make it a bit more comfortable?

And since the exact same nuts are found elsewhere on the same prop, it seems very likely they just swapped the clap one too, since it fit.

All the photos of the different saws I have show no kindness to Bruce Campbell. I don’t see any cushion on the clamp sleeve. And you’re absolutely right about parts being swapped out in between takes. There is a great shot when Ash shoves the saw in Henrietta’s back where there is a long lower bracket that runs from the saw bottom to the clamp and that clamp has the same lower bracket hole as the flat top clamp and the splits in the top of the top handle wood.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back