Fresh out of the box
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-pr-002.jpg-90913d1334458830

No more tips
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-pr-003.jpg-90914d1334458830

Hop up? Lost the tag...
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-pr-006.jpg-90915d1334458830

Silver PR (does it look like metal?)
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-pr-011.jpg-90916d1334458830

Black Beauty, or ready for Alien 3 (CAUTION - Image has been reversed; you are not losing your mind!)
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-pr-016.jpg-90917d1334458830

The mag base has been painted the final color. I went with Testor's SAC Bomber Tan
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-pr-017.jpg-90918d1334458830

Another look. The darker color on the test card is Tamiya Aircraft Colors Olive Drab. But I like the SAC Bomber Tan better. I think it is closer to Bess. What do you think?
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-pr-018.jpg-90919d1334458830

Last edited:
lookin good!

If you don't have a replacement grenade yet, I just masked off the red tip of the shotgun shell and sprayed the rest of the shell silver...looks decent for a temp fix.

lookin good!

If you don't have a replacement grenade yet, I just masked off the red tip of the shotgun shell and sprayed the rest of the shell silver...looks decent for a temp fix.

As soon as I finished editing my post, I saw your! A PR kind of a night, I suppose!

Some notes...

--I powered ahead and just sprayed the damn thing. No alcohol wipe-down, primer, or wetsanding. I did go with Krylon Fusion for the silver base coat hoping to get better adherence. We'll find out tomorrow if the masking tape pulls the paint off!

--The SAC Bonber Tan does seem to have a similar effect as Bess Brown. In lower light it does in fact appear more Olive Drab. I wish I could compare it to true Bess.

--I used the hot water technique to remove the orange plugs, but still had to use pliers

--Like most of us I'm sure, I have my preferred techniques to achieve a blued gunmetal look. But I think I'm going to forego that on the barrel, and just leave it satin black.

--The shotgun pump grip was sanded (to remove the mold seam) and sprayed with Rust-O-Leum Dark Grey Primer, then hit with a Rust-O-Leum 2X Clear Matte

Dude, why did you reverse the black picture? For a minute I thought I was LOSING MY FREAKING MIND at how many details were suddenly wrong. :wacko

It wasn't until I noticed the backwards words on the background stuff, that I figured out what had happened. :lol

Dude, why did you reverse the black picture? For a minute I thought I was LOSING MY FREAKING MIND at how many details were suddenly wrong. :wacko

It wasn't until I noticed the backwards words on the background stuff, that I figured out what had happened. :lol

Its an OCD conumdrum - do I reverse the image, or have an image that doesn't mesh with the rest of the set!

Added a caution statement!

Good catch!

Re: Evike Pulse Rifle Re-Paint WIP

Looking good PH. All this PR stuff is making me miss mine even more. I may have to buy one.

Lookin' good, Rob. Welcome to the PR ownner's club :cheers.

Just be prepared - everyone who sees it, will want to play with it (that's what she said :lol).

-Fred

Pretty much all done...

All taped up and reaady to go...
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-wip-pr-019.jpg-91030d1334545986

Army Green? I wussed out and went with the Tamiya Olive Drab, not the SAC Bomber Tan
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-wip-pr-020.jpg-91031d1334545986

A new set of clothes
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-wip-pr-021.jpg-91032d1334545986

Here is the color card showing the two options
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-wip-pr-022.jpg-91033d1334545986

And all put back together again
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-wip-pr-023.jpg-91034d1334545986

No flash...
evike-pulse-rifle-re-paint-wip-pr-024.jpg-91035d1334545986

Last edited:
Thanks guys...

I'm now faced with the age-old quandry; whether to weather.

Tamiya spray paint lays down beautifully. The gun now looks like a perfect, fresh-out-of-the-box (Weyland-Yutani box, that is, not Evike box) Pulse Rifle.

Maybe I'll keep it new a while, and weather it later...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back