Evike Airsoft M41A pulse rifle - orange tip and weathering?

Millar007

Hi all - new here, and just nerded out by buying me the Evike Airsoft Pulse Rifle.
Any tips on removing the orange tips without damaging the gun, and also on weathering?

Top orange tip is a little tricky. Try to push in the pins or remove them with needle nose pliers. Then clamp something like a wrench on the orange plastic and give it a good clockwise turn. This should be enough to break the glue holding the plastic and remove the first tip. Clean off any glue residue with nail polish remover

Lower tip is easier. Twist the battery door to the side, reach in, push up the metal tube which raises the orange piece with, and unscrew the metal and orange bit from the door.
Now, get a small dish of nail polish remover, fill it up so the liquid line is above the orange plastic tip and leave it in there for a few hours. This will dissolve the glue and make it incredibly easy to pry off.

As always, make sure to check your states local laws before doing this.

Last edited:
Top orange tip is a little tricky. Try to push in the pins or remove them with needle nose pliers. Then clamp something like a wrench on the orange plastic and give it a good clockwise turn. This should be enough to break the glue holding the plastic and remove the first tip. Clean off any glue residue with nail polish remover

Lower tip is easier. Twist the battery door to the side, reach in, push up the metal tube which raises the orange piece with, and unscrew the metal and orange bit from the door.
Now, get a small dish of nail polish remover, fill it up so the liquid line is above the orange plastic tip and leave it in there for a few hours. This will dissolve the glue and make it incredibly easy to pry off. As always, make sure to check your states local laws before doing this.
Here is a picture of how it looks at the end. A benefit of doing it like this is that you can also put the tip back on for transport.

Attachments

• 453DBBDD-4DC6-4A58-BBAC-83048018D625.jpeg
    453DBBDD-4DC6-4A58-BBAC-83048018D625.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
It's a great piece, and fun to fire off. I never got around to modding my orange tip. But I imagine you might be better off painting it.

And while your at it, grab a sling and adapter from our fellow RPF'ers:

Your guys's solution to the problem was kinda involved.

what I did was use hot water, and the cap pried right off.

Take a pot, and fill it with water, and put it on the stove. Bring the water to almost a boil. (small bubbles are okay, you're trying to avoid large bubbles, bouncing water, and steam).

Put the orange tip in the pipping hot water, trying to make sure that you're not getting any other parts submerged in the water.
Hold it there for about 20-30 seconds. The orange tip is put on with cheap Chinese glue. So the heat will cause it to become weak. You should be able to remove the orange plastic tip with a set of plyers, AND without damaging the airsoft gun, or the orange plastic cap part. It you're having a hard time getting it off, put it back in the water and hold it there longer, and/or turn up the heat.

Once the cap is off, you should be able to pick off the warm glue with your fingernails. Once all of the glue is off, the cap can be put back on or off, at will, and you can even go back with some hot glue if you want it to stick.

With this method, you should not need any solvents or paints to clean up after.

Your guys's solution to the problem was kinda involved.

what I did was use hot water, and the cap pried right off.

Take a pot, and fill it with water, and put it on the stove. Bring the water to almost a boil. (small bubbles are okay, you're trying to avoid large bubbles, bouncing water, and steam).

Put the orange tip in the pipping hot water, trying to make sure that you're not getting any other parts submerged in the water.
Hold it there for about 20-30 seconds. The orange tip is put on with cheap Chinese glue. So the heat will cause it to become weak. You should be able to remove the orange plastic tip with a set of plyers, AND without damaging the airsoft gun, or the orange plastic cap part. It you're having a hard time getting it off, put it back in the water and hold it there longer, and/or turn up the heat.

Once the cap is off, you should be able to pick off the warm glue with your fingernails. Once all of the glue is off, the cap can be put back on or off, at will, and you can even go back with some hot glue if you want it to stick.

With this method, you should not need any solvents or paints to clean up after.
Ah! Thanks for the tip!

Hi, I just got the same gun as a gift. I live in Canada so removing the orange tip is so far still legal. I tried removing the 2 metal pins on the side, I can't seem to pry them off. I can't really see a screw or allan key hole, not sure if the hot water method would get it off with the pins intact. They look pretty deep too. Maybe a new method of getting that orange tip to stay?

The "2 metal pins on the side"?

I don't know what you're talking about. Can you show us?
it looks welded to me. the pins I see ppl pried off on YouTube looks smaller and they come out with the tip. so I'm not sure if I'm seeing what I'm supposed to be seeing

Attachments

• DSC_2225.JPG
    DSC_2225.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 170
That's a "roll pin" or "roller pin", "spring pin", or "tension pin".
Spring pin - Wikipedia

They're pressed in, not welded. Usually airsoft guns are made out of "pot metal" and can't be welded. Roll Pins have a slit down the side. The purpose is that you press fit them into a hole, and they get pinched when you push them in, and they apply an outward force of spring tension, which keeps them immobilized.

I honestly never noticed those before, and don't think that they're on my airsoft Pulse Rifles. But the ones that I bought were from the initial production run of them. And then when Evike redid a production run some time around 2013/2014, I bought some more then. So all of mine are older. They're buried in the back of my storage unit, other wise I'd dig them out right now to check.
That roller pin might only be on the newer ones. When did you get that?

That's a "roll pin" or "roller pin", "spring pin", or "tension pin".
Spring pin - Wikipedia

They're pressed in, not welded. Usually airsoft guns are made out of "pot metal" and can't be welded. Roll Pins have a slit down the side. The purpose is that you press fit them into a hole, and they get pinched when you push them in, and they apply an outward force of spring tension, which keeps them immobilized.

I honestly never noticed those before, and don't think that they're on my airsoft Pulse Rifles. But the ones that I bought were from the initial production run of them. And then when Evike redid a production run some time around 2013/2014, I bought some more then. So all of mine are older. They're buried in the back of my storage unit, other wise I'd dig them out right now to check.
That roller pin might only be on the newer ones. When did you get that?
I got it in late November this year, and he told me he only found it and bought for me less than a month ago because I'm such an alien nerd. So it sounds like he got it late this year. So to remove those pins, I just have to find some way to pull them out?

I got it in late November this year, and he told me he only found it and bought for me less than a month ago because I'm such an alien nerd. So it sounds like he got it late this year. So to remove those pins, I just have to find some way to pull them out?

It seems like Matrix may have changed the design of some of the parts, and how they fit together. I don't know what that pin does, and I'm not comfortable telling someone to remove it.

I'm completely new to airsoft until my friend bought me one, now I'm getting all kinds of ideas.

honestly, the reason I want to remove to tip is because I'm thinking about adding a tracer or suppressor, but there's no thread to the barrel. it's there any compatible adapters? anyone manage to attach a suppressor?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back