Every Harry Potter chocolate frog cards from Universal Studios (and more)!

Fun Fact! I wanted to share with you all that I learned recently. Besides the originals and the s10 versions are the only ones we know with the founder's name written in one line (not stack).

They actually make a come back in Japan, 2014 (the year their Wizarding World of Harry Potter park first opened)! I only have two currently (the ones you see in the pics). I'm not sure if they still do this and changed to the more current ones. Japan's chocolate frog cards in general are hard to come by!

Here's Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff:

ravenclawcfcard.jpg
hufflepuffcfcard.jpg
IMG_20200417_0005.jpg

If anyone has the other two founders (Slytherin and Gryffindor), I would love to see them! Japan's are a little different then the American ones in small detail wise. I noticed that the Japan's chocolate frog cards character figure's are longer. For example we can see pass Helga's elbow, our version doesn't go pass it. Same can be said with Rowena; we can see a little below her hands. I know! Its so small who cares!? But I noticed lol also the cards seem more vibrant in color in the portraits. The Ravenclaw's scan looks actually how you would see it; you can see the green and red in real life. I also feel like they are made of different materials. The backs are sorta matte-like while ours are glossy.

Anyways! Thought it could be a good convo piece to share. I haven't seen anyone else talk about it before so I thought I would. Tell me if you guys prefer names stacked or one line? I personally prefer the one line because they can't put the dang TM trademark at the end of the name.

Happy Collecting!

Stay safe,
Fawkes

Last edited:
I’ve also noticed in the Japan cards I have that the copyright information lines (at bottom of the cards in black writing) are both of equal length. Whereas the other cards copyright lines are of different lengths. It’s the surest way I have seen to tell a Japan card. Also I have noticed a texture difference on the back. The older cards have been more glossy on the back. The newer ones are not as high shine/glossy Feeling/looking.

One thing i learned but i don't think it is spelled out well on the original post is this:
Just as the Limited Edition SILVER Dumbledore was ONLY available/sold at Universal Studios Japan,
The Limited Edition GOLD Dumbledore was ONLY available/sold at Universal Orlando Florida. That means from what i'm hearing, Universal Studios Hollywood didn't get an exclusive. Thus making the Gold just as rare as the Silver.

Hi all! I've been interested in starting a collection and going full throttle for a while now but previously was really intimidated by the whole process. Just started and have Salazar Slytherin, Jocunda Sykes, and two Artemisia Lufkin from a Universal Studios Orlando trip last year - I'm also collecting the trading cards. A shame that we won't know when the parks will open again. Happy collecting!

Thanks for this informative thread, I haven't been able to find any information on the cards from any official source. Is there any?

I recently went to the Warner bros Harry Potter Studio Tour in London (Leavesden) and bought the collectors tin with Albus Dumbledore and the four founders cards. I also bought three single frogs and ended up with Bertie Bott, Gilderoy Lockhart and Paracelsus. I didn't realise until afterwards but one of the three had a small round gold sticker on the packaging which I think stated '2020 card inside' (I picked this up from a different shop in the studio tour from the other two - it was Paracelsus). Since I have been on ebay and ordered four others.

Providing they all turn up and are real, I am left needing Ollivander, Lufkin and Dodderidge.

I always wanted a chocolate frog card as soon as I first read Harry opening his on the hogwarts express. There were some released but these weren't like the film versions at all and didn't even stay as witches and wizards.

I am very impressed (and full of childlike excitement) with these pentagonal versions and will try to collect all of the regular releases!

Couple of questions... Do we know if the gold, year dated, stickered ones will contain just the new releases from that year or all of the cards until that point?

And is there any 'official' website with proper information on these cards?

Ps. Thanks for this thread and please keep it updated!

Collection so far...(using a flash seems to sort out any lenticular blur)...
IMG_20201017_205642.jpg
IMG_20201017_205642.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. I have managed to find the two new ones on ebay in the UK. So far up to date with the basic set.

Interestingly in the UK for the paracelcus release you could order that particular frog and card on the Warner Bros website and also they were at the studio Tour shop in a separate basket so you knew what one you were getting.

Since newer releases the website does not let you order the new card and when I visited the studio Tour shop again they had no option to buy the new frog card.

Still very little mainstream info on new card releases, I only find that here on this very thread (thank you for that). The UK Warner Bros website now mentions Ignatia Wildsmith in the description (along with some of the other witches and wizard names) of the chocolate frog product.

4 new cards coming out within the next two years

1. Bridget Wenlock - coming in 2022
  2. Beaumont Marjoribanks - coming in 2022
  3. Beatrix Bloxam - Coming in 2023
  4. Bowman Wright - Coming in 2023

Attachments

• 274886612_10100762491039003_4757592735243881560_n.jpg
    274886612_10100762491039003_4757592735243881560_n.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 524
Hello everyone,
as Harry Potter experience is landing in Chicago in November it has caught my interest to check on the series merchandise and I found chocolate frogs. I bought frog molds on Amazon with 6 cards that are claimed to be original and 8 frogs from Universal official store (4 school founders and 4 wizards).
Amazons cards seems to be a bit smaller and I can not find them on your list so I am just posting them to make sure they are not a part of any collection and are basically junk. Pics attached

Attachments

• 296784261_416061990347580_8836508661491033575_n.jpg
    296784261_416061990347580_8836508661491033575_n.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 174
  • 297070792_3214402145440628_1812182738779228213_n.jpg
    297070792_3214402145440628_1812182738779228213_n.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 177
Hi!!

They recently fixed Gilderoy Lockhart's card. Attached a photo for whoever is able to tell the difference. Despite the quality of the photo (sorry) you can see that they have finally improved the background and it's not so dark anymore. Thanks to the increase in brightness, the image is much better defined.

Hope this helps! ;)

96DD22AD-21BE-4F7F-8D01-6AC962EEBE7B.jpeg

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Thanks for this informative thread, I haven't been able to find any information on the cards from any official source. Is there any?

I recently went to the Warner bros Harry Potter Studio Tour in London (Leavesden) and bought the collectors tin with Albus Dumbledore and the four founders cards. I also bought three single frogs and ended up with Bertie Bott, Gilderoy Lockhart and Paracelsus. I didn't realise until afterwards but one of the three had a small round gold sticker on the packaging which I think stated '2020 card inside' (I picked this up from a different shop in the studio tour from the other two - it was Paracelsus). Since I have been on ebay and ordered four others.

Providing they all turn up and are real, I am left needing Ollivander, Lufkin and Dodderidge.

I always wanted a chocolate frog card as soon as I first read Harry opening his on the hogwarts express. There were some released but these weren't like the film versions at all and didn't even stay as witches and wizards.

I am very impressed (and full of childlike excitement) with these pentagonal versions and will try to collect all of the regular releases!

Couple of questions... Do we know if the gold, year dated, stickered ones will contain just the new releases from that year or all of the cards until that point?

And is there any 'official' website with proper information on these cards?

Ps. Thanks for this thread and please keep it updated!

Collection so far...(using a flash seems to sort out any lenticular blur)...
View attachment 1359550View attachment 1359550
How it works. Is that are there gold stickers on the new card boxes. These tell you that the new card is inside. Most stickered boxes only last for about a week or 2. The sticker is removed, and the card is mixed in with the rest. No one knows what card is inside after that because all frog has the same number on them. If you are after the new cards, get the ones with stickers.
You can find the cards at Universal Orlando, Hollywood, new york, studio tour, and 9 and 3/4. Sure, normally, they all put them out on the same day.
Normally there are two new cards a year
The stickers have 1 card of the new card per box
There are booster packs, but none will have the new cards. Right now, there are three different booster packs. The tin pack: with five cards: The founders and Albus. Booster pack 2: The founders. Booster pack 3: Hengist of Woodcroft, Bertie Bott, Jocunda Sykes, and Gilderoy Lockhart
You can always call universal Orlando and order the new chocolate frog card when it comes out: There Number: is 1-888-762-0820 between 8:30 am and 6:30 pm US eastern time.
If you are on Facebook, I would look into joining my group, Chocolate frog card trading.
The list of cards so far:
  1. Godric Gryffindor - Came out June 2010
  2. Salazar Slytherin - Came out June 2010
  3. Helga Hufflepuff - Came out June 2010
  4. Rowena Ravenclaw - Came out June 2010
  5. Albus Dumbledore - Came out Nov 2011
  6. Gilderoy Lockhart. - Came out Celebration 2017
  7. Hengist of Woodcroft - Came out Nov 2017
  8. Bertie Bott - Came out Celebration 2018
  9. Jocunda Sykes - Came out June 2018
  10. Devlin Whitehorn - Came out Nov 2018
  11. Garrick Ollivander - Came out March 2019
  12. Artemisia Lufkin - Came out July 2019
  13. Merlin - Came out Dec 2019
  14. Paracelsus - Came out July 2020
  15. Daisy Dodderidge - came out Dec 2020
  16. Herpo the Foul - Came out Nov 2021
  17. Ignatia Wildsmith - Came out Dec 2021
  18. Bridget Wenlock - came out July 2022
  19. Beaumont Marjoribanks - coming in 2022
  20. Beatrix Bloxam - Coming in 2023
  21. Bowman Wright - Coming in 2023
If you are on Facebook, look at the chocolate frog trading card. My group might be able to help you out.

Hello everyone,
as Harry Potter experience is landing in Chicago in November it has caught my interest to check on the series merchandise and I found chocolate frogs. I bought frog molds on Amazon with 6 cards that are claimed to be original and 8 frogs from Universal official store (4 school founders and 4 wizards).
Amazons cards seems to be a bit smaller and I can not find them on your list so I am just posting them to make sure they are not a part of any collection and are basically junk. Pics attached
These are the cinereplicas cards. There are 12 in the set and you can make your own chocolate frogs based on the set. They are smaller then the ones from the parks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back