Etiquette Question

3jack

Hi guys,

Firstly I know I'm new here but don't worry this isn't the usual I want a suit NOW type question.

I'm still looking through the site amazed at some of the Preds. I'd suggest to any noob that they look through the site and take their time, everything is here for us, finding it takes time but what a journey it is!!!!!!

Anyway, I was wondering what the situation was with using other members concepts, not stealing them totally cos i think thats just wrong. But borrowing some of their "inspiration" if you will. It's just with so many suits and concepts you could take a bit of each members suit to make your own.

Hope I explained myself clearly.

Cheers

welcome :)
if the member is active then no harm sending them a PM, and if they not active i can see no problem with borrowing an idea and adding to it, not a straight copy of it but your version of their concept.
i wouldn't mind some advancing one of my ideas to better fit with their suit, as long as its not a straight rip off

Thanks for the advice, didn't want to get flamed by another member for basing something on they designed. I'm still a long way from starting anything yet anyway. Tried making my own bio from cardboard but got to lower my own expectations i think, in my head i saw a perfect bio being built but it certainly didn't look like a bio when i finished lol.

Ordered one form ebay now, its a mysteria P1 so hopefully I won't be a bio virgin for much longer

id say yeah inspiraton from others costumes is ok as long as its not a streight copy

for example Tuath's flesh hunter
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...mp;#entry216694

you might like the barbarian kinda look and you could style your predator around that kind of look but as long as its not a copy tuaths actual suit
then its your own idear and outhers my take inspiration from your idears

and yes if you are thinking of taking something directly from a suit that is a one off a pm wouldn't hurt

sorry tuath i hope you dont mind me using your suit as an example

ron

I think it's fair to tell where you got your inspiration from, however it also kinda depends how much of it is your own idea and all. People here are fairly outspoken when it comes to recasters, but no one seems to have a problem with someone using a bio, say a P1, as base for modelling something entirely different on top.

Just keep your eyes open and use some common sense and courtesy.

Yeah I wouldn't rip something off, thats just wrong!!!!

As far as taking something directly from a suit I'd def send a pm for that.

Its funny you mention tuath, i looked at "the butcher" and was like holy sh!t, that is amazing!!! I'll keep looking through the site finding inspiration, could end up sending a LOT of pms though lol.

I also hope tuath doesn't mind us mentioning him but got to be honest, his suit could have a massive influence on me i think, i'll send him a pm to see what he says and how he feels first though.

It's hard being a noob cos there's so many ideas running round your head, picking each item comes a headache lol!!!!

Yeah, thats basically what i was trying to get at, to take a concept and add your own spin to it.

Thanks for the advice again.

3Jack, you saved me a new topic, thanks, bud. I too was wondering how "Credit" was managed in-terms of ideas of bios as well. My Idea for a bio is somewhat radical. I'm picturing the "Spartan" pred from the AVP game back in February, combined with some modified spikes from the wolf helmet & some either cracked "cheek" sides like battle damage, or something like Vents, almost like Predator666thepain's 9th pic, down from the top. No visor, individually set eyes. The front would have the Spartan cover, here's a pic of the Spartan.

avpskins16.jpg

No worries mate.

I was just concerned that i'd base a bio on a bio concept and have the designer be like FFS lol, don't want to wind anyone up. Everyone here is real friendly so don't want to start off on bad terms!!!

That spartan bio looks awesome, never seen it before, going to have to start using google more lol. I've got a bio in my head it's just a pain not being able to get it down on paper or anything but i'm sure i'll get there eventually, no rush though going to be here for a long time

No worries mate.

I was just concerned that i'd base a bio on a bio concept and have the designer be like FFS lol, don't want to wind anyone up. Everyone here is real friendly so don't want to start off on bad terms!!!

That spartan bio looks awesome, never seen it before, going to have to start using google more lol. I've got a bio in my head it's just a pain not being able to get it down on paper or anything but i'm sure i'll get there eventually, no rush though going to be here for a long time

It particularly caught my eye, because like the Celtic from AVP 1, it was different, not radically so, but enough to make it eye catching. This can be found in the Aliens Vs. Predator game made by Rebellion, it was released back in February earlier this year & I thought online was outstanding. I found that one on Photobucket in like 2 mins, but there might be better pictures out there, so good luck on trying to solidify your idea for the Bio on paper, I know I'm not the most artistically inclined person, but I'll find a way to design mine, even if it's freakin' MS paint.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back