ESCAPE POD - STAR WARS

paulcarson

I've always fancied building an escape pod from a new hope but don't know where to begin. Has anyone made one who can help me?
I'd also love any pointers or tips that may help.

Thanks.

Paul

Originally posted by temponaut+Apr 1 2006, 01:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Apr 1 2006, 01:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Bantha Crossing
@Apr 2 2006, 02:31 AM
Checkout Lasse HenningÂ’s site. :)
:eek Great link.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
[snapback]1217623[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah, excellent link. I have a few old CCTV domes that would be a great start for a Death Star...

You mean like this old bucket of bolts? :)

1_9.jpg

Let me know what I can help you with.

There used to be a page on the Backlot Studios (now-defunct garage kit company) website with a lot of detailed photos of an escape pod model under construction, but the site doesn't seem to be there any more. I don't know the modeler's name, maybe it's a member here? I have the photos on my PC, so I can e-mail them if you like. PM me if you want them.

Backlot Studios would be me. It is correct that the website is no longer up and running unfortunately :(

Here are some more pictures of my Escape Pod.

2_4.jpg

3_2.jpg

4_3.jpg

5_2.jpg

6_2.jpg

7_3.jpg

8_5.jpg

9_7.jpg

10_6.jpg

11_7.jpg

12_3.jpg

13_2.jpg

Originally posted by EchoLeader@Apr 2 2006, 02:41 AM
You mean like this old bucket of bolts?  :)

1_9.jpg

[snapback]1217882[/snapback]​

That's awesome. I'm really looking for a few pointers to get started. I have a saturn v kit and have started to search through my bits and bobs box for other parts that look similar . I don't suppose you have any "spares" that you don't need?

What did you use for the base of the pod? I've heard that buckets were used on the original.

Thanks for your kind offer of help.

Originally posted by paulcarson+Apr 2 2006, 11:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulcarson @ Apr 2 2006, 11:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-EchoLeader
@Apr 2 2006, 02:41 AM
You mean like this old bucket of bolts?  :)

1_9.jpg

[snapback]1217882[/snapback]​

That's awesome. I'm really looking for a few pointers to get started. I have a saturn v kit and have started to search through my bits and bobs box for other parts that look similar . I don't suppose you have any "spares" that you don't need?

What did you use for the base of the pod? I've heard that buckets were used on the original.

Thanks for your kind offer of help.
[snapback]1218097[/snapback]​
[/b]

If you read the link that was posted Building the Escape Pod the information there will get you well on the way to making an accurate Escape Pod.

I don't have any spare parts as this was to be a one off model so you will need multiples of several kits unless you have molding and casting abilities. Also take note that some of the kits used are expensive and rare, the Aurora Sealab kit comes to mind which was used on the Escape Pod. I've seen this kit go for $300 on Ebay so you have to decide how accurate you want to make your model. If you decide to make your own interpretation then you can basically use parts that closely resemble what is seen on the original. Another option would be to scratch build the parts if you have the time and abilities.

Just saw the paper paint buckets from the other thread at Ace.

Lowes and Home Depot says they don't make them any more. The guy at ace said they can still order them.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back