Escape Pod - all the donors being cast for you guys

Escape Pod body for you to print. There is a solid "disk" equator or a cored option. It's up to you to figure out a mounting system. The divots around the equator are for the Sealab body caps to nestle into - I hope I got the depth right on that one. At least it gives you their locations!
I MIGHT MODIFY THESE AFTER I PRINT ONE... but for those of you who like to live fast and loose:
Dropbox - Escape Pod finals - Simplify your life

Jason

Do you have the major dimensions of the body? My Ultimaker 2 bed is just a few mm too small to print the STL directly. I can see this in Cura immediately. When I import the STL into Fusion to try and section it into parts that will fit, the dimensions seem to go haywire. The equator ring seems to be 1.8 metres in diameter!

Not on hand. you can't open something in Cura and see dims, even if it's too big for your bed? I use idea maker. Anything else, I have no idea. Sorry.

I also have an Ultimaker 2, it's to small but I sliced the main parts, not ideal but I think it's doable.

Let me know if you need them.

In Cura, you can see the dimensions of the bounding box of the imported object. However, this doesn't always help as you can see with the main body. It should also have a square bounding box since it is conical - but if you look in the bottom right corner it doesn’t. I think this is because one of the cutouts intersects the bounding box on one side (middle of picture). The escape pod is quite a bit bigger than I realised.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 10.09.49.png

I think there might be an easy fix, but I need to read some manuals. motionminded Thanks for the offer. I might take you upon on that.

It's just to big to print on the Ultimaker, in height it will, not in diameter. You have to split it. I am printing as we speak...

Read the first post.

Thanks very much for doing this Jason! Just wondered if there were any updates on the castings by Mr Geigle and how things are going? I haven't contacted him directly to ask but at the same time there's no mention of this on his FB page so thought I'd ask here. Cheers.

Awesome, Jason! Definitely watching this and will be buying a kit when they're ready. I won't print the main body until you've had a chance to test everything and update if needed.

THANKS for doing this!

Dan

I've got the cast resin parts (THANKS again!) and the printing for the main body pieces is underway. Just as a sanity check, can someone double check that these measured dimensions for the main piece shown here look right?

DAN_PRINT_3.jpg

Looking forward to this coming together!

Dan

Looks good to me! There's a strip of tank tread that runs all the way around the equator, will fill it in a bit

Thanks! I'll have to set to work sanding and filling and sanding this core and then working out the map for the various styrene sheeting. I'll have to buy a nibbler tool (yay! :) ) and figure out a parts map for this!

Dan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back