Escape Pod - all the donors being cast for you guys

I've got the cast resin parts (THANKS again!) and the printing for the main body pieces is underway. Just as a sanity check, can someone double check that these measured dimensions for the main piece shown here look right?

View attachment 1053897

Looking forward to this coming together!

Dan
Are those Zombie trooper buckets with skulls inside? to the left of the hull...

Jedi Dade

I've got the cast resin parts (THANKS again!) and the printing for the main body pieces is underway. Just as a sanity check, can someone double check that these measured dimensions for the main piece shown here look right?

View attachment 1053897

Looking forward to this coming together!

Dan
Dude that print is awesome. Any interest in printing for the masses - at a reasonable fee of course?

Jedi Dade

Dude that print is awesome. Any interest in printing for the masses - at a reasonable fee of course?

So, it's my friend Jim Arthurs who has printed this for me (taking time out from another incredibly huge print job involving a rather impressive studio scale model of a very iconic starship, for which I am most grateful). I asked Jim about this and he might be willing to run a few for folks:

"I'm assessing the practicality of doing a run of these, and IF I do it they would be at least $200 bucks/copy + shipping and there would have to be three or more verbal commitments on the forum for prints."

If you're interested let me know here and I'll keep Jim up-to-date on how many potential prints we might be talking about.

Dan

I'm down... any thought to casting a cleaned up print - might be faster than reprinting each time... but at that size its a lot of rubber to make the molds...

Just a thought.

Jedi Dade

Nope - I did not see that! and THANK YOU for pointing that out!

So for the Escape pod is all we need greeblie pack 8 and 9 - and some patience and skill? I already ordered them, but wanted to kjnow if I need anything else?

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
My Greeblie Pack 9 arrived just now - looks great! Can't wait to start cleaning up parts and getting it all assembled - this is going to be fun!

Thanks again SO MUCH Jason for getting this all going!

Dan

I thank you for doing it...

What would be helpful for us mere mortals is some kind of index for what's in all of the greeblie packs. I recognize some of the parts in other pack but certainly not all... if this exists somewhere can someone please point me to the source... or send me the info and I'll create a spreadsheet of the parts and what models they belong to - and post it for everyone else liker me that knows some but not all of this stuff :).

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

There are some pretty complete Parts Maps over at StudioScaleModelers.com

Well, bummer:

"Sorry, but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations."

Anyone know the story on this? I'd love to start in on this but I too will need some help in locating the placement for everything. Was looking forward to digging in on that forum but it looks to be excluding new folks at the moment...

Dan

I know this is late, but I Just wanted to pipe in and say Thank You Jason. I appreciate you taking the time along with John to make these kits available for us.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back