ESB Yoda 1:1 puppet project

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

Omg that’s soo cool. Are you planning to operate the ears and eyes as well??!! I wish Yoda could be operated with 1 one person only and not a full team.

The design is for at least two people but in fairness I'm no puppeteer, there are probably some amazing individuals out there that could really surprise us. If you took turns between expression and arms it could be done. :)

Im working on getting the eye and ears mechs in and will post more pics and video.

I hope you'll offer some casts! It's beautiful!

I always try to offer something to help cover the cost of a project if enough interest is there. :)

Here's a little progress, due to a health issue I had I cannot use my right arm at the moment preventing me from showing the full range of motion but you get the idea. Still some obvious adjustments to be made. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is truly wonderful. Your sculpt is spot on IMO. Your animated actions, eye and ear movement are so completely believable.
I'm subscribing to this and I completely agree with jusdrewit that THIS is the model that should be used in films to represent Yoda from now on.
Love it. :D

#14 Yoda LIVES ! Love this.

Here's a Q that's been on my mind for some time. I have heard that Wendy Froud was the sculptor for Yoda (indeed it says so on their website: World of Froud ) but I've since learned on the RPF it was Stuart Freeborn. Anyone know how Wendy fits in here?

[Creepy proto Yoda here if you've not seen it] :

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back