ESB Vader life size project

Jormi

Hi guys,

I thought to share with you my project that's been going on now for almost four years, ESB Life size Darth Vader. It's been a long waiting game, but the goal is getting closer. Only thing that I'm still missing is chestbox and proper cod piece, then I think I'm done.

Parts list:

Helmet & chest armor: CSMaclaren & Bookface
Body suit: 2 piece Fenix
Cod: Fenix (want to upgrade)
Capeset: KevVader
Beltboxes, belt and saberhook: Darthrosso
Lightsaber: Ebay seller saberwerks
Boots: Soviet union
Gloves: noisetrigger
Mannequin: Tom Spina
Shinguards: korbanth/ sith planet

Display base was made by me, I took some inspiration for it from the sideshow's version.

I hope you like it.

IMG_20200508_220719[3373].jpg
IMG_20200509_230009[3382]1.jpg
IMG_20200509_230144[3381].jpg

Last edited:
That's a very good display!

The Tom Spina mannequin is fantastic looking but to pricey imo. I'm glad you were able to get it.

You don't mention shin guards and they appear to be missing still.

That's a very good display!

The Tom Spina mannequin is fantastic looking but to pricey imo. I'm glad you were able to get it.

You don't mention shin guards and they appear to be missing still.

Forgot to list those as I'm still trimming the straps. They're Korbanth.

Looks great on display. Nice job going 501st-level on this.

Contact Lee Richards if you're looking for a codpiece.

Goal is to make this thing as movie accurate as I possibly can. Any feedback and suggestions are much appreciated from you guys :) I try to take more pics soon.

Goal is to make this thing as movie accurate as I possibly can. Any feedback and suggestions are much appreciated from you guys :) I try to take more pics soon.

I'll be honest if you truly want film accuracy. Replace the Quasimodo helmet and armor. They are high end nicely done pieces but are not truly screen accurate. The Dome seams to be mirrored and has some warpage and the cheeks slope to much to name a few issues. I respect Bookface and his work but I honestly don't think it's as accurate as people claim.

I'll be honest if you truly want film accuracy. Replace the Quasimodo helmet and armor. They are high end nicely done pieces but are not truly screen accurate. The Dome seams to be mirrored and has some warpage and the cheeks slope to much to name a few issues. I respect Bookface and his work but I honestly don't think it's as accurate as people claim.

Well what would be better options?

The dome on the Quasi is pretty asymmetrical. I wouldn't call it mirrored.

Screen accurate can mean different things to different people. Some people only consider props screen accurate if they were cast from the original. Others, might say that screen accurate means that it simply looks exactly like what you see on screen. There's a lot of interpretation to that second definition. You are helmet and armor set are incredibly accurate. There are only a handful of people in the world that would be able to look at your helmet and see anything that did not look accurate to them. Even if you replaced both, I don't think you would even notice the difference unless you stood up close and inspected every detail.

Let's compare the ANH, which presents the same issues, to a Rick Baker copy

Look at the brow where it meets the Dome. And look at the brow where they curve over the eyes. Its almost mirrored. The same curves on opposite sides to one another.

And look at the cheeks.

IMG_20200513_151633.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back