ESB stunt /Dagobah Blaster build

7-11 Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I started work on an ESB stunt/Dagobah blaster today. Going for this style, with the unbroken mount.

3758A5CE-9835-41DF-A2A2-F9DA9032F01B.jpeg

The scope mount and flash hider/bull barrel are from Field Marshall. I got some greeblies from Corellian Exports. Still need to add the pistons, and the rubber bumper, and a scope.

I’m not going for an exact replica, more or an idealized version. Always fun to build these DL-44s!

CE31701B-B142-42A8-B65E-0312D6901CF2.jpeg

7916B657-9959-4111-9046-B5116CB7F15B.jpeg
D6D53AD2-0D12-4FCA-BFC3-AABAF6A64E7B.jpeg

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice work! If you want to really get the feel for this stunt - and you have access to some tools, take down the shoulder of your mauser barrel. The pistol's barrel sits... about 1/3 onto the hex shoulder

7-11 Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I’ve been playing around with trying find the right material to mimic this insert in the ESB blaster scopes:
BF531E0D-BE64-4172-929F-B56861536109.png

I’ve tried some light diffuser material, and some automotive reflectors, but I wasn’t satisfied with the look. Then it dawned on me the the other day that I had a bunch of the textured tape used on the ESB “ranch” saber clamp. I pulled it out and cut a few circles, and tried it out. I ended up putting it under the glass lens, I know that’s not screen accurate, but I like how it looks. I think it’s a winner!
A036496C-D24C-4888-8C45-1C8B86CCBE16.jpeg

Pedro

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice idea with the textured tape in the scope! I'm 3d printing lenses to use in mine. Here's the scope I made (middle one, the others are real). I'll be replacing it, I just sent this off to another member.
IMG_3401.jpg

7-11 Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Very nice! I need to jump into the 3D printing someday. I just don’t know exactly where to start with it!
Nice idea with the textured tape in the scope! I'm 3d printing lenses to use in mine. Here's the scope I made (middle one, the others are real). I'll be replacing it, I just sent this off to another member.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.