ESB PHOTO SHOOT

paulcarson

empirepromoshoot.jpg

looking for a higher resolution pic of this if anyone has it please?

OfficialPix has one that is cut off at the bottom of the chestbox...nice 8x10 but it's a bit dark...other than that I've not seen a high res uncropped version :(

Originally posted by E2K13@Apr 2 2006, 04:39 PM
ESB?
Looks like ANH to me.
[snapback]1218197[/snapback]​

It is from the ESB promo shoot. They used the ANH costume. Do you think that it is an ESB styled helmet on the teaser poster?

Nice avatar btw Sithlord .

Thanks, Paul. Well we know of four images from that photo session...and in each one it's an ANH tour helmet (not original).

This was the best version I had from that SW Insider magazine article about ESB movie posters...

ESBmovie1.jpg

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by SithLord@Apr 2 2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks, Paul. Well we know of four images from that photo session...and in each one it's an ANH tour helmet (not original).

This was the best version I had from that SW Insider magazine article about ESB movie posters...

Thomas,

Are you sure its a tour helmet the reason I ask is the black painted tusk on the helmet isn't there some screen time with the same black tusk?

Cheers Chris.

Cheers Chris...

Ya I had wondered about that too when I was initially examining it, but based on the details (or lack thereof) in the teeth of the mouth and the narrower neck/face, it's not an original ANH. Even if one took into account overzealous repainting, there are still features that preclude it being original...however it is a superb reference for an ANH tour helmet prior to the release of ESB :D
The chestbox and belt could very well be original...the armor likely not.

Originally posted by _Lee_@Apr 2 2006, 12:57 PM
That has to be one of my favorite Vader shots ever :)
[snapback]1218305[/snapback]​

Really?....not my favourite pic of him....he looks a little anemic there...especially the helmet/neck....

Originally posted by KevVader+Apr 2 2006, 06:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Apr 2 2006, 06:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-_Lee_
@Apr 2 2006, 12:57 PM

Really?....not my favourite pic of him....he looks a little anemic there...especially the helmet/neck....
[snapback]1218314[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah,i know it looks a little off,but the pic just looks brilliant to me.Think it has a lot to do with the gleam of the helmet :rolleyes

Originally posted by KevVader+Apr 2 2006, 02:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Apr 2 2006, 02:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-_Lee_
@Apr 2 2006, 12:57 PM

[snapback]1218314[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'm with you on this Kev. I never liked the picture either myself... just personal opinion of course.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back