Interest ESB Hoth scanner prop!!

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As mentioned in this thread ( ESB "Hoth scanner" prop - active project! ), I would like to set up an INT thread for some of the parts needed to create a Hoth lifeform scanner.

UPDATE 05/03/21:
Casts of the new antenna bases are done and will be added free of charge.
Sent out PM´s with payment informations this morning, but forgot to mention that payments shall be send in EURO please!!!

UPDATE 04/27/21:
Due to the new discoveries with regards to the antenna bases, I would like to postpone the payments/ shipment of the orders a bit.
In case we decide, that the smaller antenna bases -see active project thread- are more accurate, I will do molds of these and have to cast a sufficient amount of bases to fulfill your orders...this might take about a week

New antenna bases are free of addtl charge!

UPDATE 04/25/21:
Startet to pack things up...finally :)
Once I have all packages ready, I´ll contact all, who signed up for any parts with their total (incl. partial s&h costs for thos, who participate in the bulk shipment to Chris T.). As soon, as everybody paid, I will ship pre-labeled packages to Chris, who will take care of continental shipping within the USA. Remaining european orders will be addressed separately, of course.

IMPORTANT!!!
Since Chad aka TatooineMachine offers machined sweeparm knobs, I will take the resin knobs off my list of available parts.
Please sign up for them in his INT thread!

Also lowered most prices :)

UPDATE 03/31/21:
While this thread will be "open" as long as I have any dispensers left in stock, I will continue to serve the people who signed in for any of the parts listed below (with the exception of the thermostat discs, which are offered directly by tubachris)

Going to order some silicone and resin today, so I can start the molds for the greeblies.
With the easter holidays coming up, I think I will receive the material next tuesday so the molds should be done by the end of next week.

As it stands now, we have 4x US members on the INT-list, so I can ship their stuff all in one box to save on s&h. Like written before, lonepigeon would take care of continental distribution. BUT we´ll check the actual costs before we decide how to manage everything, of course.

UPDATE 04/08/21:
Molds for the remaining greeblies are curing as I type.
Pricing added to the individual items.
Will contact european customers first, since they won‘t be part of the bulk shipment...stay tuned!

UPDATE 03/05/21:
Cold cast thermostat discs added to the list of -soon to be- available parts. Thanks tubachris85x !

UPDATE 03/04/21:
The US stock of dispensers is SOLD now!
All those, who express(ed) interest will be added to the list below and a bulk shipment of parts will be organized once my stock is spoken for as well. lonepigeon, kindly offered to act as a middleman for US customers to save on intl. shipping charges

Here we go...addtl. information/ pricing will be added soon. Sorry that some of the pics are flipped!

1) Set of 2x vintage soap dispensers (scanner main housing) - 350USD/ 298Euro
D626AAF0-B0B8-4C95-87C4-F25E88106797.jpeg
- Rafite (France) - SHIPPED
- Fekali (GER) - SHIPPED
- TatooineMachine - SHIPPED
- kurtyboy
- Cameron
- enaswede
- pepperbone
- xwingercrash
- StarWarsDave
(- ecojedi83)

2) Set of 2x resin Schrader quick couplings – 12USD/ 10Euro

- 3DImpact
- DarthWilder
- Saranac
- Cantina_Dude
- Panaflex
- enaswede
- pepperbone
- cdyoung - SHIPPED
- Max Replica
- bobasfett
- xwingercrash

3) Set of 2x resin V8 distributor caps/ 1x V8 thermostat housing – 14USD/ 12Euro
394C13F7-03EC-4A2F-9C90-34F1547C8708.jpeg
- 3DImpact
- Saranac
- Panaflex
- enaswede
- pepperbone
- cdyoung - SHIPPED
- Max Replica
- xwingercrash

4) Set of 2x resin Sweeparm knurled caps – NOT AVAILABLE anymore >>>> please check TatooineMachine ´s INT thread
933F3491-4036-4321-8A5A-967B3A12757E.jpeg
- 3DImpact
- Saranac
- Panaflex
- enaswede
- pepperbone
- cdyoung - SHIPPED
- Max Replica
- xwingercrash

5) Set of 2x resin Antenna bases – 17USD/ 15Euro
35DDFEB9-ED61-4125-AB8D-A75A8B70A470.jpeg
- 3DImpact
- DarthWilder
- Saranac
- Cantina_Dude
- Panaflex
- enaswede
- pepperbone
- cdyoung - SHIPPED
- Max Replica
- xwingercrash

6) Set of 2x resin greeblies (based on my scratchbuilt masters, since the origin of this part is still a mystery) – 3USD/2Euro
A9750CAD-86B7-45CF-A630-148A4B7D08DD.jpeg
- 3DImpact
- DarthWilder
- Saranac
- lonepigeon (2 sets)
- Panaflex
- enaswede
- pepperbone
- cdyoung - SHIPPED
- Max Replica
- bobasfett
- xwingercrash

7) Set of 2x REAL vintage splitplugs - 25USD/ 21Euro (these are NOT accurate, but close! see active project thread for more information)
90809859-3CCE-4DC4-9265-3980C2D62AB8.jpeg
I have a limited number of 20 (10 sets) of vintage plugs available...while these are not fully accurate, it´d be a great substitute for those who prefer "close" vintage parts over accurate reproductions.
1- 3Dimpact
2/3- DarthWilder (2 sets)
4- Saranac
5- Rafite - SHIPPED
6- pepperbone
7- TatooineMachine - SHIPPED
8- enaswede
9- cdyoung - SHIPPED
10- Fekali - SHIPPED
11- bobasfett
12- xwingercrash

8) Set of 2x cold cast thermostat discs – REMOVED
tubachris85x set up his own INT / FS thread

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 17E781D1-04D8-4658-A751-E4C88AE29DD5.jpeg
    17E781D1-04D8-4658-A751-E4C88AE29DD5.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Count me in for everything but the soap dispensers, which I have just acquired before you started this fantastic pair of threads.

Dan

I will take a set of soap dispensers if there's a set already in the USA (otherwise, depending on shipping costs to the US).
Resin Shrader Couplings (item #2)
Resin Antenna Bases (item #5)
Resin greeblies (item #6)
2x Sets of vintage split plugs

And if the split clamp ends up being machined in aluminum, I would take 2x (for Hoth binoculars, too.)

***EDIT Actually, I would need 3x split clamps if machined.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the soap dispensers (depending on shipping costs to the US).
Resin Shrader Couplings (item #2)
Resin Antenna Bases (item #5)
Resin greeblies (item #6)
2x Sets of vintage split plugs

And if the split clamp ends up being machined in aluminum, I would take two (1x for Hoth binoculars, too.)

lonepigeon might have a spare set available within the USA.

will add you for a the other parts

Last edited:
My dispensers are all spoken for so we may do a bulk import from Markus to save US shippings costs. We're looking at that now.
It seems like Priority Mail costs have really gone up recently too.

Hi all, just a follow up to this- I will be purchasing some new resin this weekend and look to produce an initial set of 30 casts specifically for this run. If you followed my previous thread, you will know they will be cold cast so painting won't be necessary. I will hopefully be able to have these ready no later than this time next month, or sooner preferably. I expect to offer them in pairs, price is still TBD but expect a pair in the low $20 range

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back