ESB "Hoth scanner" prop - active project!

I can't shake the feeling that those white pieces are some sort of fluid reservoir from a car, RC engine, etc. I know they have those "slits" but is it confirmed that the slits go all the way through to the main body of the reservoir? Could they just be recesses to allow the tank to sort of "snap" or "slide" into place?
Part is hollow, slit is just on one side

BUT the original part had those „arms“ on both sides IMHO...you can see that they cut one side off

Jigsaw part for laser cutting. I just need dimensions. However Elysia has already modelled all these parts so is there any point in me doing them?

Looking at your drawing, I am thinking that the green/ blue square should not be part of the actual greblie, but a CUT OUT area, that´s been filled with a semitransparent plastic...something like the button covers on the imperial rankbars.

You can see, that the green/ blue part is separate from the jigsaw...

HS2.JPG

I need to model that antenna base roughly to put in an assembly to test fit the white part so I'll need some better photos without calipers in the way.

Sorry I'm not skilled enough to resize it to match the antenna! I don't know what's going on my model is broken it won't let me change some things without breaking. I'd have to start over.

Last edited:
It could be that perspective in the reference photo you are using is throwing off some of the proportions. Looking at your last image I'd say dimension A and B are too short which then makes dimension C too short.

1.JPG

Compare that to this view of the original.
2.JPG

It looks like your previous version of the model had closer proportions so perhaps in your work scaling it to the V8 part since then, things got thrown off. What software are you using to model this?

I'll pass it on to someone more capable then. I can't work from these kind of photos. I need profiles etc.

Jigsaw part for laser cutting. I just need dimensions. However Elysia has already modelled all these parts so is there any point in me doing them?
Where's the main cutout for the colored rectangle?
Also the two corners of that cutout have circles cut from them.
There's also two slotted flat-head screws or maybe rivets where indicated on the upper right. It's really hard to make those out because of the rust. There's a very similar mating piece used elsewhere like on the R3 droids that has posts sticking up in the same spots (also where the two round holes are).

kurty_partrev copy.jpg

Last edited:
I need a better picture. Some of those details don't show up on the scanner prop pictures. The circles would need to be etched (or are they raised in which case machined instead of laser cutting).

I need a better picture. Some of those details don't show up on the scanner prop pictures. The circles would need to be etched (or are they raised in which case machined instead of laser cutting).

Going to send Cantina Dude my references later today
The circles in the jigsaw parts should be easy to recreate with a punch

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back