Frogfreak

Sr Member
Alright! As you may know from the title I am wanting to put together an esb Han solo costume! But here's the thing I'm not wanting to sew anything except possibly a leather holster! But I also only have like a $50 budget so I need help cause I can't find anything that works for me! Now it doesn't have to be perfect! Just close! It also doesn't have to be a full ready to buy set! but if people can find the pieces of clothing separately that would work too! Just has to be $50 or less! I know it's a lot to ask but I want some help with this!

I have realized I cannot do this under $50 so I'll spend more money on this build!

Last edited:
Honestly you're going to be hard pressed to find this costume for that price range. Even if you were to make it yourself. Most of the vendors who sell this will charge far more, even for a low budget version.

Alright! As you may know from the title I am wanting to put together an esb Han solo costume! But here's the thing I'm not wanting to sew anything except possibly a leather holster! But I also only have like a $50 budget so I need help cause I can't find anything that works for me! Now it doesn't have to be perfect! Just close! It also doesn't have to be a full ready to buy set! but if people can find the pieces of clothing separately that would work too! Just has to be $50 or less! I know it's a lot to ask but I want some help with this!

I'm not even sure you'll find used gear that cheap, but if you're on Facebook, there is are a few Han Solo cosplay groups - both ones I'm on have a large Anovos set for sale

You should check out my thread here on the front page - I went over $50 but it was not too bad.

Brown pants were modified with a yellow piece of ribbon and sharpie, shirt was a modified dress shirt using $2 pillow cases from Walmart, boots were bought on Poshmark for $30, and I made the holster from leather and real aluminum by using tools, but you could easily do the same thing with some vinyl/faux leather over cardboard and plastic for the buckles. The jacket is the only thing I purchased, and I know CosplaySky has em for $50. I build my blaster, but you could buy one of those Rubies blasters and paint it for like $15.

If you want any more guidance I’m happy to assist :)

Attachments

• A56CAA6D-E2D3-4238-8085-9FCB00E40204.png
    A56CAA6D-E2D3-4238-8085-9FCB00E40204.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 356
How much do you need the blaster and holster? You could put together a pretty close “look alike” costume for $50. If you did shirt, pants, harrington jacket, and could craft a belt buckle out of plastic with metallic paint, you could look the part! Or if you did freezing chamber Han Solo, then you don’t have to worry about the jacket!

It’s tough to get ALL the pieces for $50. The best I can think of is the CosplaySky costume that’s $119 right now for the jacket, shirt, pants, and a holster that’s pretty off, but a holster none the less.

He wears a “cross placket shirt with a mandarin collar”.

If you want a very accurate shirt for very little money and can use a hot glue gun, read this thread, it’s the same thing I did:

If you want a “close enough”, a Henley shirt would work in a pinch:

A good base shirt would be any type of button up dress shirt. A Walmart dress shirt would be fine, and goodwill would probably have them for like $5. My whole outfit was pretty DIY except for the jacket, which I bought. You could also pick up a pair of brown khakis at Walmart or a goodwill. Get yourself some yellow fabric ribbon from JoAnne fabric or Walmart and you’d have a large chunk completed.

A good base shirt would be any type of button up dress shirt. A Walmart dress shirt would be fine, and goodwill would probably have them for like $5. My whole outfit was pretty DIY except for the jacket, which I bought. You could also pick up a pair of brown khakis at Walmart or a goodwill. Get yourself some yellow fabric ribbon from JoAnne fabric or Walmart and you’d have a large chunk completed.
Ok! Sounds like a good idea! I might be able to do this if I try things a bit more diy! I would probably spend the most on the jacket and boots!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back