ESB Bladed Stunt Graflex Lightsaber "The Core!"

I agree with all the above. Longer with what looks like kitchen foil - to hide the join/extension (?).
With its presence elsewhere on some of these sabers I would guess aluminum tape

Looking at the other reference where Mark has both hands on the saber makes me think it might have shorter grips to facilitate the clamp being moved lower toward the pommel making the “longFlex” an optical illusion. I don’t know if there’s any history of something like this being noticed but it’s a thought. The tape would then be covering the exposed joint in the Graflex body and whatever they used to secure it.

Last edited:
Tape was my 1st thought too & for the same reasons but what I see is very crinkled, torn & thin looking. Doesn't even look stuck down. It also covers from the clamp to the red button. It's very odd.

Tape was my 1st thought too & for the same reasons but what I see is very crinkled, torn & thin looking. Doesn't even look stuck down. It also covers from the clamp to the red button. It's very odd.
Maybe they were trying to get the saber to pick up better on camera with the low lighting in that scene? If there was gaff all over the place on the saber it might have been disappearing in the shots.

I eventually want to re do this project, i probably said this before but without more reference ive been lurking

The bolts, if our theory is true (ROTJ Vader Gx is a well used Luke Gx from ESB) then the bolts.. im pretty sure now, are M5 countersunk. My 1/4 20 on the pipe stunt werent sinking well enough for me. I know the bolts stick out on the real prop but the combination of the curvature of the body and the face of the bolt was my dilemma. The prop bolts are obv smaller than the Gx sockets too... so i nabbed some metric bolts with my estimated 9-10 mm face. Modern ones are around 9 or 8. it hit me the other day, where else can we see a bored blade attachment hole?

20210302_130109.jpg

I am starting an ESB stunt Graflex hilt build and need some help.

What are we seeing here, securing the clamp to the flash…are these rivets or socket head screws???

D14A95B4-DC90-4D88-8E01-EF8F801CEFE4.jpeg

I am starting an ESB stunt Graflex hilt build and need some help.

What are we seeing here, securing the clamp to the flash…are these rivets or socket head screws???

View attachment 1596195
I'm pretty sure those are thick rivets. Given their choice of fasteners at the time.. allen sockets were mostly set screws. I have no idea when or why this was done. This hilt is a bizarre one, parts of it look resin cast, but there are reflections that give the impression of metal. Also, note the lack of bolts in the body, there is no core here. the bunny ear loop being filled in helps with security, but the tang has to go much deeper with such a long blade. I found another shot of this one somewhere else... let me dig through my hard drive

I'm pretty sure those are thick rivets. Given their choice of fasteners at the time.. allen sockets were mostly set screws. I have no idea when or why this was done. This hilt is a bizarre one, parts of it look resin cast, but there are reflections that give the impression of metal. Also, note the lack of bolts in the body, there is no core here. the bunny ear loop being filled in helps with security, but the tang has to go much deeper with such a long blade. I found another shot of this one somewhere else... let me dig through my hard drive
The rivets theory does make sense.

I also am scratching my head on this particular hilt…is it painted resin? Painted rubber? It doesn’t seem to be a normal Graflex flash handle.

sabers1-vi.jpg
Christie's1994.jpeg
Christie's1994(2).jpeg
Christies-PhotoshopEnhanced-800px.jpeg

it would appear
1) the plug is attached to the blade
2) the handle might even be metal but silver painted.. trying to make out words in the text

Hmmmmmm…..the D-ring and other details make me wonder if this thing is even genuinely production made.

But—the low-profile grips do match one that we see Bob Anderson using in behind the scenes photos.

3755BCCB-6043-427C-A9C9-62B40410E722.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back