ESB Bladed Stunt Graflex Lightsaber "The Core!"

Grabbed this for ya today tom

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 2.18.43 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 2.18.43 PM.png

I was gonna say, thats a big one. That would situate the upper core in place, but there's really only room for a small set screw up there. Hmm.

Speaking of side switches, I got to keep mine when I re-installed the socket. Today, I replaced the upper socket with a puck, just to see what it's like. Very durable, (I may need another side-set screw, I only did one) especially with the original oval headed screw set in place.
IMG_0656.jpeg
IMG_0655.jpeg

The red button on the back acts like a set screw in itself. You can tighten it 1 1/2 turns and it presses against the socket. It's hiding some of my mistakes
IMG_0657.jpeg

I do like the way it looks, even if it's just a ski pole
IMG_0648.jpeg
IMG_0662.jpeg

and here's a comparison of a recent shot, where Mark handles the blade in between takes
Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.32.17 AM.png
IMG_0664.jpeg

watched ESB and it never gets old. the Graflex is FRONT AND CENTER as Luke gets dressed after training on dagobah. Its so dark I never saw it.. and the camera is focused on the actor anyways... but it takes up half the screen!

if there was ever doubt that the red button is not in the eye socket in that scene.... i can see the pins in the red button socket
fullsizeoutput_1e74.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1e7a.jpeg

watched ESB and it never gets old. the Graflex is FRONT AND CENTER as Luke gets dressed after training on dagobah. Its so dark I never saw it.. and the camera is focused on the actor anyways... but it takes up half the screen!

if there was ever doubt that the red button is not in the eye socket in that scene.... i can see the pins in the red button socketView attachment 1255079View attachment 1255080

My favorite ESB variant

I wrapped the clamp in gaffer tape like one of the ESB stunts. Its the one with foam grips but i really like the look. It also sets it a part in my collection as being more unique than just another bare graflex

20200210_190137.jpg
20200210_175501.jpg

So, it looks like I have new information. The front off-set black bolt on the ROTJ MoM Vader saber is one of the original bolts.
fullsizeoutput_1f6f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f7d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f5b.jpeg

Wonderful. but how are you getting it to glow thru carbonfiber??
So far every blade material I have access to is just for show, nothing is tapered and slightly flexible like we see. I use 3M Reflective graphic film (White) or Reflexite Tape for a crowd pleasing color, that may peel off in a few months. 3M Reflective fabric works too, but is super annoying to apply, they even used tape during ANH on screen

So you believe you have found the dv6?!?
I had this feeling when I found the split socket in ESB and the split socket on the ROTJ MoM saber. (reusing old stunt sabers means they didn't have a lot of duplicates) but this bolt has made it moreso for me. It's in the same awkward uncentered place

So far every blade material I have access to is just for show, nothing is tapered and slightly flexible like we see. I use 3M Reflective graphic film (White) or Reflexite Tape for a crowd pleasing color, that may peel off in a few months. 3M Reflective fabric works too, but is super annoying to apply, they even used tape during ANH on screen

I had this feeling when I found the split socket in ESB and the split socket on the ROTJ MoM saber. (reusing old stunt sabers means they didn't have a lot of duplicates) but this bolt has made it moreso for me. It's in the same awkward uncentered place

Good for you man, sure does look like it tom. All your hard work has paid off

No one picked up on the split socket until you brought it up, I applaud you and your efforts

Thank you so much sir. This is a team effort, and you played a big part in this.

I can't wait to get a clearer picture of these props

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back