ESB Atst beginnings.

sstinson

Yes its another ESB Atst in the works and the previous atst threads have been incredibly helpful!!! Kudos to those whom came before me and allowed me to leach of their work:angel!

So I am getting in on this waaay late compaired to some of the others on the board. I still need to track down a handfull or kits (AMT C600, Vosper, Entex Porsche, Brabham, Messerschmitt). If i do not find a resin copy, I will probably scratch the entex part or find something similar as that one is beyond my reach financially.

Legs:
I wanted my atst posable so I built one leg from layered sheets of plastic and sanded smooth for good measure so that it was solid and strong enough to hold itself upright. After realizing how difficult building one single leg was, i decided to mold it in 4 parts and poured a nice resin copy for an instant set of atst legs!!! Hopefully the resin allows some flex and do not break when i add the adjustment screws. If not i guess i can make some more...

Any comments or help avoiding pitfalls would be appreciated.

Awesome, look forward to seeing more. I like what i see so far, and this prop is a big fave.
Ill keep my eyes peeled for a C600, i did have a full spare kit, but had to use another chassis rail when i recut one on my model.

lee

Nice start ! Be careful, your Leichter turret part on the dome is not glued as it should be !

tesbatst59.jpg

Nice start ! Be careful, your Leichter turret part on the dome is not glued as it should be !

tesbatst59.jpg

Id maybe try correct the brow curve too, could be the pic, but it looks angled, as in a point, it should be a gentle curve, causing the upper of the faceplate to bow.

Lee

Thanks guys. I hadnt noticed the that i glued that part on backwards.... I will also see if i can rework the brow.
Thanks!

Brow just looked "pointed" to me is all Julien, could be the pic, maybe just kiss the point with a sanding stick and round it out some?

lee

Ralphee is correct, my atst brow comes to a point above and between the eyes. if its not too difficult, i will fix it, otherwise i may just live with it if it requires a total redo :thumbsup

I wouldnt go for a redo yet, depending on how thick your styrene is, just sand it out, to a gentle curvature maybe?
Im not sure how the face plate looks, with this point, but if its not too drastic, a sand should see you right buddy.

lee

Meant to add, there are two C600's on that auction sire right now, remember you need the city delivery, NOT the stake bed.
Sadly, prices are blooming insane on them.....WAY higher than when we guys started out......which kinda sucks.

lee

yes the city delivery truck seems to start at a rather high price on ebay... i guess thats what happens when the word gets out that its a SS donor kit.
I should be able to flip the leicher part and then sand the brow down some (thanks for pointing that out as my reference of the esb atst include just a few photos)
I will keep an eye out for some of the other kits (city delivery) that i am missing. in the meantime my other SS projects help keep me busy :thumbsup

Unfortunatly, the C-600 was already expensive even when the kit was not known from the SS community (minus a few exceptions). That's why I bought a built model, a brand new was way too expensive for me !

Here is a small update on one of the legs. I do not have the ferrari piece so thats going to be scratched. Originally i planned on having the legs adjustable, but i am not sure if i am going to follow through with that. Still have yet to figure out the inner hub piece...

I think most of us used a Plastruct LF416 lamp for the inner hub buddy, close match at least!
Legs look good, i do have some resin 312b wing ends somwhere i didnt want to use any resin on my build.... Then the Entex part was found :lol

Lee

? Entex part .... wtf! :cry This thing's expensive enough already....:lol

btw, great start to the build, I'll be following this thread.

Last edited:
Small Update:
In lieu of using a plastistruct lamp as Ralphee mentioned, I ended up using a wheel hub from the 1/48 Bandai Panther and it seemed to be a decent match.
Scratched the gun shield, added the neck mount and added the leg tendon. (I need to pick up some more glue release to flip the liechter ear ring....)

Any chance i could get some help with iding these parts (1 - 4)??? I would appreciate it!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back