ESB AT-ST

The long white parts at the top are from the AMT 1/25 Fruehauf Flatbed Trailer. Still available, not too pricey, but still feels like an ouch kit as those are the only parts used for the walker. Has anyone spotted anything else in that kit used for anything else?

Yes, for the 8ft ISD. :$

Dont forget that 2 more small parts are used, glued on the Morser Karl parts of the legs.

Yes, for the 8ft ISD. :$

Dont forget that 2 more small parts are used, glued on the Morser Karl parts of the legs.

I was thinking those were from the Fruehauf tanker, but I checked my notes and you are right.

Guy,I'm pretty sure those are VHDs. The VHE is thinner, right? I have one around here some where for a TIE Bomber. I think I counted, there are 140+ kit parts on the AT-ST.

Last edited:
scott,
i'm half asleep, but do seem to remember the BT44's black tubes were a tad bigger than the rest of the kits, and thicker was a better ref match, imo.

perhaps it was my kit that had weird thicker tubes...i dunno.

Scott, that's a mighty sexy spread (no pun intended) of donor parts. Also a bit daunting :eek

Looking forward to your progress!

Marvin

Scott, that's a mighty sexy spread (no pun intended) of donor parts. Also a bit daunting :eek

Looking forward to your progress!

Marvin

Thanks for the great lead in Marvin! The donar spread is about to be expanded by a recent, new discovery. :eek A couple of days ago when I was getting the little circular stack from the Messerschmidt 109 I noticed the following part:

m109-wing.jpg

It is the part that goes over the wing machine gun. Obviously it is too small and does not have the fork on the end. It is close to the right shape, and has that little hole, kind of like the real part.

OK...maybe the wing of another 1/24 WWII plane would have a similar piece. I dug out my other kits, MPC Stuka, no...Airfix Hurricane, no. I took to the kit scan websites, maybe the P-51, no. How about a Japanese plane, no to a couple of them. Maybe there are some 1/18-1/12 WWII kits. Wow, that would probably be pricey. Before anyone spends their time duplicating my search, don't bother...unless you are looking for something else. :love

I've got some honey-doos that I need to attend to. After that I need to do some more photo resizing to make my photos suitable for the web and to tell the story.

I am aware that I am teasing. I have company coming over and my walker is being put away until next weekend. :cry I need something to keep my thread lively while my toys are away.
:love

Just kidding. I want this to be nice and documented in my thread. I hope to have it ready by the end of the day. All will be revealed.

Last edited:
Well, I was kidding about waiting a week, but my house guests are real. If I play with toys and goof off on the net too much my wife will skin me. What are you UK guys, 6 hours ahead of me? I'm central US. I think I can do that, but I have used up my break time.

Tease: Part Two.

These are quickly and roughly cut. They need some angle on the front and back corners. I think I cut too deep in the middle. Maybe some sanding/angle on the bottom. Still, I feel certain this is the part. If not, I've made quite the fool of myself. :unsure

DSC02355.jpg

DSC02358.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty damn close to me. Go and get sloshed with your mates and dont get into trouble over this. I get into trouble all the time and its not worth it..

Just come back in 30 mins when you need a toilet break and post up the answer :lol

i took a stab at hand-crafting mine
IMG_6729-vi.jpg

i compared my scratch to the bf-109 piece -- think we're looking at something to the scale of 1:16 or 1:18...right?

scott,
your bf-109 mini piece is much sexier.
its curve is more elliptical than the piece you found.
in addition, the real piece is thinner in the front than it is in the back,
and the back has a slightly wider diameter.

not digging what you've shown us, but really feel the bf-109 is a key to where we should look.

The part I found comes from the 1/48 B-29, a known AT-ST donor. I respectfully disagree with you Q. My hack job does not show it in its best light. I think with the proper trimming and sanding this is it. Dang house guests!

I think the elliptical shape you are seeing is a combination of camera angle along with the fact that the front edge is not trimmed at 90 degrees of the donor part. It looks to line up with the T striped lines on the top of the Vader TIE part. It seems proportionally correct with the claw parts and the MKIII parts on the top. I haven't done any math, but just looking at the two parts the B-29 part would be would be about 1.5 times the size of the 109 part putting it in line with your numbers.

DSC02346.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, that's the first kit I grabbed after your initial post on the foot shroud. Looked right at those parts and dismissed them.

...running back down to shop to look again!

Jeez. I just mastered a kit for Maschinen Krieger fans in Japan - look at the part in the top right:

5801807901_aa45036037.jpg

I love the bleed over my two main interests share...

Just pulled my B-29 and checked against my v1 foot. I used an engine vacpull from my aborted Transport, which is a little wide.

Scott's convinced me, and I've seen it in the flesh. If this isn't it...well, it's just too darn close to be coincidence. Kinda like the Morser railbed I found for the upper chassis cover.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back