ESB AT-ST BUILD: "ka chung, ka chung, ka chung…"

Yes, I printed out all of the pics on glossy paper to use as reference. Yet some areas are still mysteries. And some areas were outright missed in this build.

Thanks to all you guys for pioneering these! You're build helped a lot too, Lee. There's been a lot of sharing of information. It couldn't be done without it.

I'm still thinking of building the old one I've barely started now that I have great reference in hand, in 3-D. That would be an idealized version. Cutting the vac-formed head pieces correctly has to be nerve-wracking. Only one cut allowed. Or selling that one and moving on.

I just can't get enough of this design. It's Joe Johnston's finest hour. He took a lot of "found objects" and made art out of it - like some of my favorite modern art (and music) too!

Last edited:
Wow, that's a cool fact Julien. Never knew that! Now that you mention it, looking at Jason's photo, I see the morsel part attached up there, but broken off to the rear.

Thank you also for your inspiring AT-ST build! I liked how you kept your left side shield clean like it is in the movie. Fortunately Allen built that shield to be swappable, so you can have one shield clean and one with a blast mark!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back