Error's costume contest probably late submission

Re: Red Sonja

565024_502253676533433_1553066101_n.jpg aside from lifting up the armor panels to better sit on my body .. here is a cheap easy way to achieve disgusting, the goop on the armor scales is actually hot glue, it looks like dog vomit now but once painted it will look like mangled up meaty coagulated blood bits ... it looks a lot more disturbing then stage blood and is great for barbarian costumes... just be sure to rip off all the stringy fibers once it dries

Looking really good Error!

And although my filthy mind went to a wholly different place than "dog vomit", that's a great idea of using hot glue to make embellishments like that. what kind of prep do you do to get paint to stick to it, or are you covering it with latex first then painting?

And can I just say, I think its great that you seem to really be enjoying yourself in costume in your photos. Well done!

Looks great!

I'm a little disappointed with the fake giblets. Go balls out and use real meat. The other con goers will love that after a few hours! :lol ;)

I love the quote "real dragon scales" in the scale making video-a true nerd! Awesome:)

1231206_503762729715861_911688787_n.jpg Today made some adjustments to the loincloth ... still a ton of work to go like preparing the drinking horns with wax ..decorating them ... making my weapons .. pauldron.. bracers ....boots....buh! i have till the fifteenth to get a good portion done because i would love to wear this to jerseyfest !

still a ton of work to go like preparing the drinking horns with wax ..

Back in my Viking days, I made my drinking horns from . . well . . . horns, coated inside and out with Clear Salad Bowel Sealer. It's used to coat wooden salad bowls and make them food-safe, so it's nontoxic, doesn't smell, and doesn't come out into your drink.

Great job Error, love th' video on turning Taxidermy Bird Talons Into Jewlry love th' Gore!!!!!! Dragons Are Real!!!!! let me know when ya plan on doin' a live stream like for Sculptin' I'll join thanx Keep up th' great work. :devil:popcorn

WELL THANK YOU MR LIFE SAVER! lol where can i get this salad bowl sealer? do they sell it in regular stores or is it a craft store type of thing ? i was going to do the whole melting down bees wax by floating a bowl in boiling water like a nord or something hahaha

WELL THANK YOU MR LIFE SAVER! lol where can i get this salad bowl sealer? do they sell it in regular stores or is it a craft store type of thing ? i was going to do the whole melting down bees wax by floating a bowl in boiling water like a nord or something hahaha

Woodworking shops (or maybe even large home improvement stores) should have it. It's in a can like wood stain.

Salad Bowl Finish - food safe finish for bowls, cups, wood surfaces | General Finishes

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back